Dollar store score

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was at local "dollar store" and spotted these on a shelf. Bought 2 cans, might go back to clean them out and maybe start a graffiti career.
$3.50/can too good a deal to pass up.

20161007_145141.jpg

20161007_145135.jpg

Dude, that is good ****...

We used the turquoise Mopar engine paint on Eddie's engine when we built it, and it seems much more durable than the plasti-kote engine paint that I've used for years...

It goes on and is "sticky" for a few days, but when it fully dries and hardens (at least a week), you can tell it's much thicker than the other paints...

I bought a can to try on the kid's engine...

Try it - don't waste it on grafitti.... Use it on one of your cars, you'll see what I mean...

That goes for $12 a can at Mancini Racing, and $11 - $12 per can through Summit Racing....

Mopar Performance

https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/paints-finishing?N=4294951818+400172

I did see some Mopar combustion chamber spray for sale at the junk yard

Dude, that is good ****...

We used the turquoise Mopar engine paint on Eddie's engine when we built it, and it seems much more durable than the plasti-kote engine paint that I've used for years...

It goes on and is "sticky" for a few days, but when it fully dries and hardens (at least a week), you can tell it's much thicker than the other paints...

I bought a can to try on the kid's engine...

Try it - don't waste it on grafitti.... Use it on one of your cars, you'll see what I mean...

That goes for $12 a can at Mancini Racing, and $11 - $12 per can through Summit Racing....

Mopar Performance

https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/paints-finishing?N=4294951818+400172
Yes to what krazyk says. We just painted a customers 318 the blue colour. Nothing like I've seen in a long time for proper colour, shine and thick. Tacks up in good time but the odour sure is different than anything I've ever used. Smelled the shop up for hours! Get the rest of them, that's a deal.

I agree guys. When I made my home made sandblast cabinet the most expensive part was the hemi Orange paint. Cost close to $100 in paint lol.
Stripes were graciously made for me by buddy Mike/2darts.
I only bought 2 cans as I wanted to make sure it was good. And I dont own anything Hemi related other than the sb cabinet lol
I bought a case of the Mopar red from a local dealership. I like it and about $8 can when buying 6 cans.

Im gonna go clean them out if anybody needs some? Borders might be tricky with this stuff.

1475937934351.jpg

20161008_103938.jpg

What dollar store chain....maybe they have some close to me and other members??

I'm in Windsor and would love to know which Dollar Store chain as well.

I'm also interested in a can or 2.

Thanks,

Riddler

Me too.... What dollar store had it? One of the big ones (Dollar Tree or Dollarama?) or was it a small independent dollar store? Trouble is it's probably like shopping at Winners in that you can't go in there knowing you will find that exact item since its heavily dependant on what falls off the truck.

I bought a few blue cans (for my block) and orange cans (for the 4 bbl air cleaner) when I did my 4 barrel upgrade a few months ago and didn't pay $3.50 a can for it! Nice score!!

Last edited:
Ok so instead of buying a Spanksgiving turkey this weekend I bought paint! Loris gonna have fun basting these.....
As I said lemme know if anyone needs some or wants to trade for a turkey.

1475949775016.jpg

I don't have any spare Turkey's... What do you want for a can or 2 shipped to Belle River, N0R1A0?

Riddler

I got a spare turkey, but shipping back and forth may be complicated.... :(

The turkey can't fly anymore either, it's frozen.... :rolleyes:

"When are we gonna score?" <<<In a Beavis voice>>>

It was "Friendly Dollar and Discount" I believe. I got all they had. Not sure if its independent or a chai . If open tomorrow I will find out.

Me too.... What dollar store had it? One of the big ones (Dollar Tree or Dollarama?) or was it a small independent dollar store? Trouble is it's probably like shopping at Winners in that you can't go in there knowing you will find that exact item since its heavily dependant on what falls off the truck.

I bought a few blue cans (for my block) and orange cans (for the 4 bbl air cleaner) when I did my 4 barrel upgrade a few months ago and didn't pay $3.50 a can for it! Nice score!!

Good score Bud! I would've bought them out too. Even if you don't use it all right away, odds are you will know someone needing some. Besides, is there anything that doesn't look good in Hemi Orange?!?!

-
Back