Dome light cover

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Has anyone found a dome light cover that doesn’t block half the light?
I put an LED bulb in, has like 12 led’s on it.Nice and bright till I put the white plastic cover back on it. Seems to block most of the light.

Any ideas?

Has anyone found a dome light cover that doesn’t block half the light?
I put an LED bulb in, has like 12 led’s on it.Nice and bright till I put the white plastic cover back on it. Seems to block most of the light.

Any ideas?

I replaced my dome light bulb with 2 of the 194 style LED's and made a cover that uses the same retainer slots in the metal housing out of,,,,,,,,,Plastic coffee can lid.
(let the flames begin) :D

Oh, I also added a small black rocker switch to the back of the light housing so the interior light would stay off when the doors are opened.

IMG_0098.JPG

I replaced my dome light bulb with 2 of the 194 style LED's and made a cover that uses the same retainer slots in the metal housing out of,,,,,,,,,Plastic coffee can lid.
(let the flames begin) :D

Oh, I also added a small black rocker switch to the back of the light housing so the interior light would stay off when the doors are opened.

View attachment 1715160383

Not a bad idea, I was trying to think of some kind of clear plastic That I could make a new cover out of.
Nicely done!

I pressed on this because I need a dome light cover also and you know me I like nothing better than something I can make myself! Thank you Trail Beast...

-
Back