Don't suppose it's a good idea to mix-'n-match TQ throttle plate and fuel bowl?

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
Thanks, Demonic, for referring me to Tomco. They look like a cool outfit.
I have a 6461S throttle plate. When you look it up on the Tomco catalog:
http://www.tomco-inc.com/Catalog/thermalquad.pdf
The list shows a 6461S throttle plate takes fuel bowl (Tomco part no.) 8602, which has a closed "through", while the fuel bowl I've been using seems to be a Tomco 8605 because it has an open "through". (And maybe there are other differences between the 8602 and the 8605 fuel bowls that I am not aware of.) It can't be right to mix up the throttle plate and the fuel bowl, can it? For one thing, how would you even know if you're using the correct rebuild kit?

I'm thinking that since my old fuel bowl may well be incorrect for the 6461S throttle plate, maybe I'd better order the correct one.

Thoughts, please?

boy, tomco, should do some proofreading. What they call "through", is supposed to be "trough". you know like a furrow, or a slot, maybe. And it's ThermoQuad, not Thermalquad.
As far as whether you can use this bowl with that throttle plate, I think you need to explore what they connect to, and if they are necessary.
Do they really still sell new bowls? how much are they?

"Do they really still sell new bowls?" Their website says they do have complete bowls. They don't have any fuel bowl wells to sell separately.

"how much are they?" Their website doesn't say. Apparently you need to call for the price. I haven't called yet, but I might one of these days.

Yes. New bowls are still available. Mikes Carburetor Parts also has them.

-
Back