DOOR ALIGN ISSUE

-
After a car crashed through the side of my garage at 40 MPH, with a dead pedestrian on the hood, I have to start over with a new AMD Mopar approved fender. Of course, she had no insurance, but I'm learning the fine arts of body work and paint. To be honest, the factory fitting on the passenger side wouldn't pass today's standards. I remember the Big 3 and the UAW has some differences back then.
upload_2021-5-3_23-44-2.png

I just reamed out the wear the upper hing bolts to the door. That got it a little closer. So broke out the duraglass & putty & added a little to the cowl. Much better

POWER WASHER SCHOOL DESK 007.JPG

Yeah, it sucks, but My Swinger and I are still here. I'm thinking Saint Peter was kicking me to get me off my buttocks.

After a car crashed through the side of my garage at 40 MPH, with a dead pedestrian on the hood, I have to start over with a new AMD Mopar approved fender. Of course, she had no insurance, but I'm learning the fine arts of body work and paint. To be honest, the factory fitting on the passenger side wouldn't pass today's standards. I remember the Big 3 and the UAW has some differences back then.View attachment 1715732582
how is the quality on the AMD fender?

The AMD fender is expensive, but worth it. Heavy gauge steel, and fit on the car so good, I just need to shim it to get it better than than the passenger side. It's out being primed painted, and undercoated so I can put it back on permanently. I'll post pics when it comes back.

The factory gaps varied quite a bit from car to car. I've seen much worse.

Show off! Just kidding, you have fabrication down to a fine art. I've seen your magic, and it's impressive.
Very kind sir, I could have been better about cleaning the metal. Its kind of a "solid hackery but im good with a grinder" moment.

limegreen70, the fender is in my new avatar picture. The body shop was impressed with the quality. Please note that Classic Industries has two different fenders, mine is the more expensive Mopar approved fender, After taxes and shipping to the left coast, it was $748 delivered to the door. I can send you better pictures of both sides of the fender, if you'd like.

Ohh, rebuilt hinges and tried different hinge. No help. Rear wheels are off about 1/4" side to side in back too. Must have been built on a Monday .
Was it Woodard that did an interview attesting to the fact, Monday was the Worst? Remember an old article from the early 90s, hea said Friday was bad too. People having the Wives call in sick, hangovers, Friday was payday, People would take personal days. Definitely agree, I remember he said Wednesday was the best car building day

-
Back