Door Glass End Seal

-

clifftt

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find replacement seals for these door moldings for ‘64-66 Barracudas? I see them listed for ‘67 and up.

image.jpg

I’ve replaced those before- really did not have much success- anyone documented the proper way to keep them from falling off during install?

Thanks!! I’ll give them a call.

What did you use? I would guess get the channel clean using solvent or lacquer thinner, then apply weatherstrip adhesive.

OHHH! Thats where I went wrong. The ones i bought did not have adhesive and i thought they just slid into the frame.
I just ordered new ones from the above link and will know know to use weatherstrip adhesive.

Reporting back: Received my order from Detroit Muscle, weatherstrips almost identical, close enough. Cleaned the channel with lacquer thinner, then a smear of Permatex Weatherstrip adhesive in the channel of the molding and on the mating surface of the weatherstrip, fit great. No problems!

Reporting back: Received my order from Detroit Muscle, weatherstrips almost identical, close enough. Cleaned the channel with lacquer thinner, then a smear of Permatex Weatherstrip adhesive in the channel of the molding and on the mating surface of the weatherstrip, fit great. No problems!

Thanks Clifftt - I did the same- actually i spent quit a bit more with them and the gaskets look great. My car is just finishing up with paint and then assembly starts.
I have a formula S for parts I am going to take apart window by window, part by part and take pictures / catalog to do another tech help for reassembly of the doors and rear windows on the 66 Barracuda very soon. My car is just an empty shell on the rotiserry.
Joe

-
Back