door ID

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
'68 barracuda convert. - the doorlock pull knob is about 1/3 of the way forward toward the front, vs. being back near the rear edge of door. Is this correct for '68?

Yes

Edit:

My bad misread your question!

No.

Last edited:
Sorry,

No, misread your post.

Correct for 69 for sure.

They moved it up from 67/68 . It was toward the rear of door on those years and way back!

Last edited:
67/68 style, this is a 68 Fastback and different a bit from vert but the correct posistion.

EED396F6-90A1-4D9F-B01F-521F3FA89422.jpeg

Last edited:
Pic of a 68 from Mopar Babes thread today.

I would say this car is untouched figuratively anyhow! Look where the lock position is.

6B47F4DD-61C7-4668-8EBB-8026D1BFCD1B.jpeg

Last edited:
well that's perfect- I am totally confused. Maybe this one of those questions you should never ask. Mine are 1/3 toward front., '68 (I think). $%^&#*($&#@.....&^&%&^*&^&%. friday..friday..

well that's perfect- I am totally confused. Maybe this one of those questions you should never ask. Mine are 1/3 toward front., '68 (I think). $%^&#*($&#@.....&^&%&^*&^&%. friday..friday..

Also note the vents on the bottom edge. 69 did not have those!

68/69 shared the same armrest features though. 67 was different.

All three years have changes everywhere. This discussion could go on and on.

A45D201C-7334-4ACC-B9D5-B352F28F5F21.jpeg
69 FB door for comparison.

Nope except for the glass to the best of knowledge, think notch back and verts used the same glass maybe? The door structures are the same for all in each respective year. Also the verts had the wedge.

000_0308 (2).JPG
000_0297.JPG
000_0336 (2).JPG

don't start with me ...I did not put those emblems there - lol. SO I MAY have '69 doors? It's all good from my perspective. .

I was being nice and on the side for personal view! The Tag makes me Smile!

OK - looks like 67-68 had them at the rear position; 69 they were moved forward. .good to know. At least it's better to know when your car represents all 3 years of 2nd gen Barracuda! Hey, they all got wrecked and rebuilt - I was there - I can attest to it!

Yep my bad, sorry guys, 67 and 68 are the same. What I've read is the reason for door lock change in 69 was anti theft? Lol took them 2 years to figure that out Lol.
Glass is specific for each model.
Great fendertag too lol

Yep my bad, sorry guys, 67 and 68 are the same. What I've read is the reason for door lock change in 69 was anti theft? Lol took them 2 years to figure that out Lol.
Glass is specific for each model.
Great fendertag too lol

Maybe, I was under the impression that Nader and the NTSB forced those changes for safety as well as the headrests after mid year 69 production. Course that is what I have read and not confirmed through who knows how many pages of Govenment BS.

-
Back