Door storage?

-

jtolbert

Reaction score
I have a spare set of doors for my '67 Valiant. Right now they're just laying on the garage floor, sucking up lots of floor space. I'd like to built a cart out of 2x4s or something to store them vertically, so I can roll the cart with the doors into a corner. Have any of you built something like this? Got any pics?

Build a shelf or hang them on the wall!

pauly is exactly right. They make plastic coated hooks for hanging ladders from walls. That's what I use to hold the wife's Jeep doors during the Summertime.

Seems like these doors with glass and such are pretty damned heavy...A lot heavier than my Jeep's doors. I'd want to find some pretty stout hangers...

Right from the window frame. Roll The windows down to keep from breaking

X2. You could also put a set under the bottom of the doors to provide added support. Actually, I used 6 for each door; one on each side I can rotate to make sure it can't fall off the other hooks. I always over-engineer.

They shouldn't bend. You could probably bend some up out of conduit as well!

This is what I made for parts storage mobility.

Attachments

• Mobile Parts Storage1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Mobile Parts Storage2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 231
I have made a few minor modifications since these pictures were taken (solid plywood on the base and an extra caster in the middle), it fits both doors, the hood, trunk lid, both fenders, bumpers and a few other assorted parts. I also put casters on a smaller crate for smaller parts storage.

This was my solution................

Attachments

• 65 BARRACUDA PICTS 003 (Small).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 65 BARRACUDA PICTS 001 (Small).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 181
-
Back