Door striker question

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
Got looking at the 67 this weekend and noticed that the passenger door is missing the little rubber thing, not seeing any holes to mount one, so it got me wondering if it may have had a door transplant in the past, should I put one on the door?
Drivers door

Passenger door

door jamb

What exactly are these and what are there purpose.

Thanks
Aaron

Commonly called door wedges. They are to help maintain door alignment as the car flexes over different surfaces. In other words, they keep the door from contacting the quarter when the car is in a bind.
It's a good idea to install one on that door, too.
Dallas

Is your car a convertible?

Oh, I just searched. Your car is a convertible. Looks like the door without the door wedge is a replacement from some time in the past. That would be my guess.

Looks like the door without the door wedge is a replacement from some time in the past. That would be my guess.

I would say that is correct. I wonder if they changed the glass out when they changed the door, since the glass is different between a hardtop and 'vert.
Dallas

My son's extra 67 Dart doors (from my old hardtop) have the dimples for the location of the wedge. Is the inner door lock in the correct location on the door that doesn't have the wedge?

I have a 67 convertible with the same door wedge issue, I will be adding the wedge, but someone mentioned that the door glass is different in a convertible, what is the difference ? Thanks

Those extra parts should be present on both doors and posts of all verts. All others had dimple markings for them.
Differences in door glasses is found in year model plus vert only. The only way to be sure you get the correct replacement glass is know exactly what it was pulled from.
67 Dart and 67 B'cuda verts use the same door glass. That's the only interchange I know for sure.

I actually came across a 67 Barracuda convertible in a wrecking yard in the late 90s that did not have the wedges or any evidence they had ever been there. Same yard had a 67 Dart convertible and I grabbed the wedges (both pieces on each side) for spares.

door closes fine, sometimes have to give it a little bit of a slam, nothing to bad. I have owned the car for 20 years and jut noticed this. Never thought to ask the previous owner if any body panels had been changed.

It's easy to tell because if the door was replaced with one that did not have the dimples it would be from a 1970 or later and the inside door lock would be forward of the correct 1967 position.

Is your car a convertible?

Oh, I just searched. Your car is a convertible. Looks like the door without the door wedge is a replacement from some time in the past. That would be my guess.
Wow you sound just like your husband....

Wow you sound just like your husband....

That actually was me. I remember this thread too. I was on her computer and didn't feel like shifting seats just so I could offer help on a quick question.

Keep digging if you want. The wife and I are both here.

That actually was me. I remember this thread too. I was on her computer and didn't feel like shifting seats just so I could offer help on a quick question.

Keep digging if you want. The wife and I are both here.

Oh my God This is truly remarkable. Not only do we have stalkers, but now I feel the need to start "logging off" every time I step away from my computer. Come one guys. Really? I am here. Husband is here. We sit across from each other unless I step away for a bit.

Where would the lock be located if a newer door, as there is some cracking about 8" or so from the door lock that looks as if it could be filler. Will get a pic.

here are the pics first is the passenger door(missing the wedge)lock area

Notice the depression around 10 1/2.

I also have 2 different wing window latches.
Driver side

Passenger side

don't over think-- your issue-- Jim is correct as usual --you have the later 69- 72 door lock --hump filled in on your door==(Dallas) Mobody man has a 68 dart convert for parts he might have a door that would match.

what are you wanting to do?

Do some searching in the convert thread-- there are a few topic on glass & doors --

good luck on your car ,Lawrence

You can use ANY 67-68 two-door hardtop door with a glass swap and the wedge attached. The indents where the screws go will be there...We will be swapping both doors on my son's 67 with the doors from my old 67 hardtop since they are rust-free and were not damaged in the accident...

I am in the process of swapping a 68 door onto my 67 and discovered that the inner structure near the top of the door that pertains to mounting the vent wing assembly is very different between the two years.

I did not get the vent wing assembly with the 68 door when I bought it, so I am going to have to swap pieces between the doors, which will involve cutting and welding. I'm glad I discovered this before doing body and paintwork to the door.

Regarding the original subject of this post, the 68 door that I'm using is off of a notchback and has the two dimples in it for the wedge to screw to, which is good since it's going on my convertible.

Just something I came across working on the car, door is good so I am just going to leave it as is. Will check out the glass though, so see if I have convertible glass.

-
Back