double flaring tool

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I always buy my brake lines from the repop guys, BUT this Toad , NO ONE does them. I need to get a decent double flaring set, can't afford the best, but don't want total junk either!!!!! WHERE!? Thanks

Had a craftsman years ago and it wouldn’t hold the line very well. Bought a blueprint and haven’t had a problem since

Call a commercial ac company or hydraulic house supply house in your area

I got a Imperial Eastman 300-FB and for the $ it's the best one I ever used, the clamp holds the line and it doesn't slip. It doesn't come with the double flair inserts but I have them from other kits.

I bought the Snap-On one 20 or 30 years ago. I have done so many brake and fuel lines with it and a lot of it was stainless. I finally had to replace a few years back when I let a monkey with a hammer borrow it. Get the Imperial or the Snap-On one and don't look back.

Best tool available and it works great.
Eastwood On Car Flaring Tool for 3/16 Tubing
Item #31244 Brand: Eastwood
★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.8 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.

(53)
Eastwood On Car Flaring Tool for 3/16 Tubing
Qty:
In stock

Only $43.99
p31244.jpg

Mastercool or Imperial Eastman are good stuff. Sold them for years on the tool truck. I retired and didn't save one back for myself. I was in a pickle and bought a Harbor Freight one. What a piece of garbage. Don't waste your money there.

That's a Metric set. Not what anyone here needs for their old Mopar. Also if it's "Blue Point" Snap On didn't make it. It is a tool purchased from another manufacturer.
Thanks for the info.... maybe the Eastwood tool would work. Trust me, IF I could buy the brake lines for the Toad repoped I would in a heart beat!!!!!!!

gosh it would seem like I did go to Harbor Freight I would think but my cheap-*** probably ran down to AutoZone. I can't remember where I got mine. Just for maybe one fitting. Worked fine? Can't speak for how decent it was but it got the job done LOL

I got this set to do stainless lines on my Scout. 'Rigid' brand name. About 30 bucks as I recall. Works great.
View attachment 1715219899
Some of those work well enough. Thats the type my local parts store used to use. Most of the counter guys had picked up the knack for using it. If you go that route, try for a better one (like BD's), get extra line, and practice. The cu alloy stuff is now widely available again - a bit easier to work and won't rust like the steel lines.

I eventually broke down and bought a Imperial kit. A variety of kits have been offered over the years. Find a non-hydraulic one that does what you need.

just tryin to help. It’s not mine don’t really give a flying rats azz.
This seems to be the regular beat down lately.

just tryin to help. It’s not mine don’t really give a flying rats azz.
This seems to be the regular beat down lately.
I don't think I understand. I don't think I see a beat down, but maybe I'm not reading it right.
Heck, the Eastwood on car flaring tool wasn't even on my radar, so I learned something new today. I don't know if I would get one, (I hate flaring lines on a car with a passion), but I know there's a good one available.

I bought the Snap-On one 20 or 30 years ago. I have done so many brake and fuel lines with it and a lot of it was stainless. I finally had to replace a few years back when I let a monkey with a hammer borrow it. Get the Imperial or the Snap-On one and don't look back.

I really, REALLY want to know how you could mess one of these up

That might be a snap on set but it's identical, even the case, to my twenty year old set that came from AutoZone.

Which will leave a few grip lines on the tubing but does the flare job well enough that I haven't thrown it out the window of a moving car along with my wife's cd's...

If you are just doing one car (seldom use) the one i showed will get you fine results for a reasonable cost. The 'kick' to the item posted is the 'screw' on the side that holds the line securely in place. prevents slippage while flaring. It's not the best tool in the world, and it's not for a professional brake shop, but it will do you a fine job.

-
Back