Doug Headers vs Eldebrock cylinder heads.. HELP

-

eaw4209

Reaction score
hi... I just did a trial fit in my 67 dart with a 360, doug headers and eldebrock alum heads. I am having some fit issues with the headers and the torsion bars. Has anyone had similiar issues or have any advice??? Please help before I beat the crap out of the doug headers. Thanks...

There was a nightmare of a thread in the exhaust section. Hopefully a few tips here will help:

1. Use these mounts from summit (Pioneer Automotive #PIO-A2469) and install them correctly. If they are installed right, it should raise the motor and the passenger side valve cover should be approx. 3" from the firewall.

2. Run the little PH43 (or PF43?) Fram oil filter for small block chrysler.

3. Run a mini-starter. The AC Delco one is $96 on ROCKAUTO.com (#3361578)

...maybe someone else can add to this. I haven't installed my dougs yet.

Make sure the engine is located in the chassis properly.

Go to the tti site and look at the instructions for their headers. It has the measurements.

Do you have the correct engine mount brackets?

I did Doug's in my 68 GTS. Torsion bars was not where I had issue (and I have installed the larger TB). I already had a right angle oil filter mount (from PO and the Headman's I sawed off). I needed a mini starter and had "Z-bar" issues.

Is this an automatic or 4 spd? Power steering or Power brakes??

PK

thankgs for the feed back. I purchased 360 motor mounts from Mancinni Racing. It is a manual steering and brake car. It appears that the Eldebrock heads may be slightly different physically (not sure).

The headers are very tight to the torsion bars on both sides and is tight to the steering box and steering column. The header actually rubs the torsion bar on the drivers side.

I was wondering if anyone out there has installed Dougs with Eldebrock Alum heads.

Thanks again for any feedback and/or help......

They should fit and have been installed before with ede heads. The ede's have a basic stock port location.

If they are tight or rubbing on the steering box, my guess is the engine location is a bit off. The only tube that's remotely close to the box is #1 and it should have about 3/8" clearance where the tube heads down.

Trans in and mounted? Tilting the engine, front to back will cause issues. The headers will be tight to the torsion bars. No getting around it. tti are the same way.

-
Back