Dr. Diff 11.5" front brakes showed up tonight

-
I'm not using your new fronts, I have aluminum 4 piston 11" but I have the 10 x 1.75 rear drum. I used an adjustable proportioning valve to be ready if I decide to go rear disc.

Ran the Duster out on the pavement again. This upgrade is very, very good. I can only go by the "seat of the pants" for stopping, but the 11.75" stage II. Dr. Diff kit will really stop the car quickly. Wife was ultra impressed with a mid-70s' car stopping like it does.
With the new 1.03" torsion bars, KYB shocks, and welded in frame connectors, the car feels very secure and capable when jumping on the binders. The 15/16" master cylinder bore give a great feeling of modulation.

I’m not using my 14” Road Wheels aka Magnum 500, but before I installed the slider disc brakes I dropped the assembly into the 14” wheels with the 11” rotors. They fit. You’re right that the 11.75” rotors won’t fit, but the 11” rotors will.

Yes the 10.8" (11") disks will allow the 14" rims to fit :)

FYI, there is 1 1/8" of clearance between the caliper and the wheel of these US mag 17" wheels. This is with the Dr. Diff 11.75" rotor Stage 2 package.
IMG_6425.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back