Dr. Diff Front Disc

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the doctor diff stage 1 front kit? I need to know if the seal for the dust shield goes behind the shield or in front of the shield. Also what orientation?

Also do the bolts that go from spindle to lower ball joint in the the pic look correct? Or should the be on the shield side?

IMG_20191101_225001208.jpg

IMG_20191101_225011827.jpg

that seal looks like the seal that presses into the rotor. the one behind the shield is more a flat thing..

yes the seal will kinda hold the bearing in.. i can't see your seal. some can only go in one way.. usually obvious looking at it..

This must be his new in house kit that he has set up. When i got my disc brake conversion from him, they were selling a kit from "The Right stuff detailing"

The foam seal goes between the spindle and the dust shield, just as the originals did.
That seal you have pictured with the dust shield goes in the hub. Pack your inner bearing with grease before pressing in the seal.

That makes more sense. I didn't get those foam gaskets with the kit.

Do you know which way those seals go into the rotor? Does that mean that seal holds that bearing in place?

Ill snap a pic
The foam seal goes between the spindle and the dust shield, just as the originals did.
That seal you have pictured with the dust shield goes in the hub. Pack your inner bearing with grease before pressing in the seal.

Thanks. Bearings are all packed. Now i have to figure it which way that seal goes. Lip in or out?

-
Back