Drag-a-Van.... what a waste, but we're going to do it

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My Son-in-law and I are hyped for this (a lot of laughs we've had). We were going to compete against each other by buying "dirt cheap full size vans". Pull outs? Races? Donuts? Pure Redneck Fun... LOL However, we decided that were going to buy a cheap Dodge van, no matter how slow, and build on it for pure peanuts. Yes, will take it to the track, and a few trips out of town. Right now we are in the "hunting stage", '91 or older, but were not going to take a maxi.. LOL.

sounds like fun! got a SWB 96...with the A518 I could put a 4.88 in there with stocker slicks and...but I'm not.will be watching though.

sounds like fun! got a SWB 96...with the A518 I could put a 4.88 in there with stocker slicks and...but I'm not.will be watching though.
funny how things can be everywhere till your look'n for 'em...... LOL. A SWB passenger or cargo with a V8 would be the ultimate!!!

would you like it with or without the 5.2? right now, it's a semi-mobile shed. pull the engine and you could have the body.

would you like it with or without the 5.2? right now, it's a semi-mobile shed. pull the engine and you could have the body.
Oh! You look'n to get rid of it? Does the 5.2 run? Does the Van drive?

I have three conversion vans right now, they are cheap! 98 and 2002 for sure, not even sure what year the other one is but of the same vintage. We should all start building them and having fun like the 70's all over again...

I have three conversion vans right now, they are cheap! 98 and 2002 for sure, not even sure what year the other one is but of the same vintage. We should all start building them and having fun like the 70's all over again...
AGREE!!!!! I saw them at your swap meet. Do they run? We could meet at Byron Dragway! We could have pull outs in the parking lot! We could...... Oh the Fun!!!

AGREE!!!!! I saw them at your swap meet. Do they run? We could meet at Byron Dragway! We could have pull outs in the parking lot! We could...... Oh the Fun!!!

The only van I saw was the one with the funny car on the side of it. Where were the others?

I drove a late 90's SWB Dodge as my first work truck with the double doors on the side. Called it the white elephant. No radio, no A/C. little suspension left but it started every F'n time. Had little performance but was hauling half a ton of crap. I hit a 18 inch tall pole turning out of an alley and put a huge scrape in the lower cargo door. I was still on my 6 month probationary new hire period so I took an hour lunch at Autozone with some appliance white spray paint, a pack of assorted sandpaper and a tub of bondo. Beat it out from the inside with a piece of pipe and a hammer and did up the outside with the bondo and paint. 8 months later a manager noticed the bondo job and asked what happened, I said I got it like that. Case closed....

I drove a late 90's SWB Dodge as my first work truck with the double doors on the side. Called it the white elephant. ....
Every van has a name...... LOL. "the white elephant" :D

Why does this sound like an episode of Roadkill? :lol:
No pressure, very little money, and gets more laughs and interest than a 11 second bracket car at the track. And beating a ricer at the stop light? Priceless!!! :D

just saying

van1.jpg

-
Back