Drag race front suspension

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Hi, what are people using for bushing these days. I have in the past just run rubber with polyurathane strut rod bushings. Thanks

Same reply as the one on your other thread.........

Rubber should be more than fine on a drag car.

Poly bushings have less deflection and help maintain correct suspension geometry under cornering loads.

None of that is needed for going straight down the track.

I'd think poly strut rod bushings would be a backset since their stiffer. You want front end travel. Not to stiffen it up. I'd think something like the CAP or RMS strut rods with heim joints would be the best.

I went to RMS and got upper control arms with rod-ends, instead of bushings. They sure do work a whole lot more free than they did stock.

http://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php?cat=265

Yep they do work real good. I have a set of Magnum Force arms (basically the same as the RMS arms I believe) along with the CAP strut rods and man does the front end rise easy now. Plus the extra caster built in to the arms helps get the front end alignment right where it should be. A problem A-bodies are known for.

i think the urethane really allows the control arms to move nice and free. more free then the rubber. and the strut rods with the heim joints in them like RMS sells really allow the front end move freely up and down. i couldn't believe it when we installed them on a buddies car. thinking that and some good shocks should be perfect for ya.

-
Back