Drag racing classes

-

Reaction score
Which classes do most of you guys race in?

I plan on building my Jeep Grand Cherokee for the track I’m guess i would be in some kind of bracket racing. I’ve never raced before plus I’m in Canada but i assume we have similar classes.

Which classes do most of you guys race in?

I plan on building my Jeep Grand Cherokee for the track I’m guess i would be in some kind of bracket racing. I’ve never raced before plus I’m in Canada but i assume we have similar classes.

Your first step is to decide where you are going to race. Then go on their website (hopefully they have one) and see what classes they run. Most are determined by ET and your choice of electronics on no electronics. Our track has 3 different junior dragster classes for the kids, a street class, a no box class, and a box (electronics) class. Good luck and have fun.

Agree with post 2 ^^^ I personally Test and Tune, but sometimes they force me to run Trophy.

Your first step is to decide where you are going to race. Then go on their website (hopefully they have one) and see what classes they run. Most are determined by ET and your choice of electronics on no electronics. Our track has 3 different junior dragster classes for the kids, a street class, a no box class, and a box (electronics) class. Good luck and have fun.

Just checked the site it’s just gives basic car safety rules, but no mention of classes.

For starters I’ll probably run in the 12 somewhere. Gonna run the 380hp 5.9 Mopar create engine I got in a gutted Jeep.

Is there a 4 speed class anymore ?
I ran trophy class back when I raced.
I was just there for fun and wasnt commiting to travel etc.

We have jr dragster, jr street, street, sportsman, used to be modified. Pro and super pro, box or no box. We run Pro. Kim

I think everyone need to watch this at least once!
Very well put together, kudos to your track!!!!!!!

When i first started racing they had a drag racing 101 school that i attended. One of the most important things i learned was that the mph light is just that! and not the finish line:BangHead::D

I think there is a lot of info that the beginner racer has to learn the hard way.........like stage your front tires not pull up to the christmas tree and stage your back tires:wtf::D

I think all tracks should have a video like that. All tracks are a little different. like yours that exit the track on the side you race on. Very good info for the first timer to that track.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think everyone need to watch this at least once!
Very well put together, kudos to your track!!!!!!!

When i first started racing they had a drag racing 101 school that i attended. One of the most important things i learned was that the mph light is just that! and not the finish line:BangHead::D

I think there is a lot of info that the beginner racer has to learn the hard way.........like stage your front tires not pull up to the christmas tree and stage your back tires:wtf::D

I think all tracks should have a video like that. All tracks are a little different. like yours that exit the track on the side you race on. Very good info for the first timer to that track.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This video was made by the guy that takes video each and every week at Keystone. As you can tell it’s aimed for those that are 1st timers at the track to ease them into some rights and wrongs. The part about exiting the track helps to give them time to learn top end education as far as exiting the track. I pit on the left side of the track weekly so of coarse that is the side I exit, yielding to my opponent so I can safely get over if I am in the right lane. Most of the street test n tuners get right back up in the lanes so it doesn’t really matter for them so this is the safer way. When I asked him if I could share that video last night he kindly said yes and told me he will be making another video soon.

Just checked the site it’s just gives basic car safety rules, but no mention of classes.

For starters I’ll probably run in the 12 somewhere. Gonna run the 380hp 5.9 Mopar create engine I got in a gutted Jeep.
When they post the schedule there should be some clues. And even if the car is not done, it may be worth visiting the track to observe and talk with folks.

-
Back