Drag Racing on ESPN2!

-

MB43

Reaction score
On right now, 8 PM - 10 PM EST, ESPN2!

Geez. Half an hour into the show and ALREADY I'm tired of hearing about Ashley Force.

Just walk in the house!!!!
Thank's mikelbeck just in time for funny car

i wish they would show more stock eliminator style racing.10-15 second cars.thats what i enjoy watching.don't get me wrong the big boys are fun to watch.but, in my opinion if i can watch a guy in a 4 spd duster, or road runner
etc.run that is what i really gets me going

Pro stock yea yea yea. :headbang:

Back to racing!

Gotta love the tape delay!

I'm so sick and tired of the cheating Greg Anderson Pro Stock show. I don't care what anyone says, no one can possibly dominate Pro Stock like that for 4 or 5 years in a row. He picks up while everyone else slows down. If he isn't cheating I'll eat my shorts.

Guitar Jones said:
I'm so sick and tired of the cheating Greg Anderson Pro Stock show. I don't care what anyone says, no one can possibly dominate Pro Stock like that for 4 or 5 years in a row. He picks up while everyone else slows down. If he isn't cheating I'll eat my shorts.

Can ya' prove it??.....

Espn replay Lucas Oil NHRA is on now, larry Morgan go's on red light

340srule said:
Can ya' prove it??.....

First of all don't be ridiculous, of course there is no way I can prove it. If I could others could too.

I think the facts speak for themselves though. After 5 years no one can touch him if he doesn't want them to. In a round where everyone was slowing down, as much as .04 he picks up and gets the #1 slot. Please tell me how he does it. He had the field covered in eliminations by as much as .04. Please tell me how he's doing that. There is just no way that others wouldn't be on to his "trick" by now.

And about his engine guys, just who the hell are these guys anyway? Ever heard their names or heard of them before? Because it sure as hell ain't Greg building that horsepower. But yet they are besting all the big name engine builders by a pretty good margin. I just don't see that happening for 5 years in a row without others catching on.

It's just odd that no matter how much others pick up, Greg does too.

Guitar Jones said:

How about Force and his 14 championships? If Anderson is cheating then he is hidding it really well. NHRA is very thorough in their inspections. It's no different than the Bob Glidden days or Warren Johnson days years ago. To me Pro Stock it boring and Andersons domination doesn't make it any better.

If it was a Allen Johnson or Richie Stevens dominating the field I don't think either one of use would think it was bogus, but because it is a Pontiac we don't like it, right?

Chuck

Anderson has done very well at intimidating his opponents and making them try and outrun him. Many times he is vulnerable and his opponent will rattle the tires and shut off.

Same thing happens for Force.

If people would just go up and make their best pass instead of trying to go faster than they can, Anderson would get beat a lot more.

Allen Johnson is close to Greg now, all he needs is a little more consistency and you will see him with more wins.

Greg isn't winning on plain horsepower either. He just figured out how to get his car to the 330' clock better than anyone else.

You must also remember that he is racing from Ken Black's wallet. Not a bad place to be in.

slantzilla said:
Anderson has done very well at intimidating his opponents and making them try and outrun him. Many times he is vulnerable and his opponent will rattle the tires and shut off.

Same thing happens for Force.

If people would just go up and make their best pass instead of trying to go faster than they can, Anderson would get beat a lot more.

Allen Johnson is close to Greg now, all he needs is a little more consistency and you will see him with more wins.

Greg isn't winning on plain horsepower either. He just figured out how to get his car to the 330' clock better than anyone else.

You must also remember that he is racing from Ken Black's wallet. Not a bad place to be in.

Very true he and Jason have figured out the chassis setup's and it seems to be working,as far as whos building their engines,thats not nearly as important as whos tuning them and i believe Greg handles that....

Plus, don't forget that Greg Anderson isn't some newcomer. He was Warren Johnson's crew chief for 4 of his 6 championship seasons.

-
Back