-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes Memphis MotorSports Park has closed
66aCUDA brought this to my attention yesterday
I have had many great week ends there and made allot of passes at that track back in the day :angry7: Now it is closed :angry7:
The track was only a 65 mile trip and remember some great weekend's there watching NHRA and Street shoot outs and cars shows there :angry7:
If any of our members are close to the Midsouth area please chime in and let me know where they are racing

I am doing some searches to find the tracks that are still open

Looks like Dover Motorsports,ink pulled the plug on Memphis :bootysha:

here is there note to the public :angry7:

http://www.memphismotorsports.com/

they have a dragstrip for sale locally-- Ark City Kansas 185K

it's roughly 1 hour away from wichita ks (300,00 population)-- in this economy I imagine tough to make a profit. Lawrence

Looks like the first one I found is north of Small Block in Rogersville, Mo.
Called Ozark Raceway Park just off of US 60 west a 200 miles away.

And thank you Bill Dedman from Conway, Arkansas for your info pm'ed to me where he races :happy10:
He races at CENTERVILLE DRAGWAY north of Little rock a 1,000 foot strip just South (about 10 miles) of Dardanelle, on Hiway 7

And there is Prescott Raceway way down south North of Texarkana
address is 5121 Highway 53 East, Prescott, AR 71857
Thank you Bill Dedman:cheers:
There is one in Merdell Mississippi(or something like that) I55 or 65 hwy drag strip, but I just have not found it yet :read2:

I just called the owner of the Newport Raceway and they will be racing next year :cheers: That is just an hour away from me and said this was new news to him that the Memphis track is closed :angry7:
Dyersburg Tenn is still open and test and tune on Friday night and race Saturday's.

Looks like Great River Road Raceway in Dyersburg, TN is still running
I think it must be very close to the river and is an 1/8 mi Asphalt Drag Strip

It's a shame to see strips closed. First saw notice of this a week or so ago on NHRA.com.

i would be willing to bet a buyer steps up and buy memphis...

i would be willing to bet a buyer steps up and buy memphis...
I hope and pray you are right 70aarcuda 8)
It sure seems like some one would 8) It's a good track and located nicely

The closing of the Memphis track was no real surprise.
They were probably going to lose their national event after 2010 anyway. When NHRA recently announced the Memphis race was being moved back to August, that should have put everybody on notice that the track's future was short. Memphis in August is not exactly the best time of year to be there.
Once Little E and his group of investors backed out, there was nobody else who wanted to buy the facility.
Besides, it is an old track. Its layout is terrible for fans and you have to go through the middle of the 'hood to get to it.
Yes, it is sad to see another drag strip close. But, just remember, when one door closes, another opens.

our local drag strip was shut down for two years until a couple of guys including myself and my dad decided to get it up and running again this summer

Another one for your list
Byhalia Raceway, Byhalia Miss just over the line from Memphis. Run every Saturday nite. Ran the Dodge there today, nice little 1/8 mile track

-
Back