Drag strip tech inspection

-

71_dart_swinger

Reaction score
Will this pass? Finally going trying to take this to my local strip after years and years. Famoso Bakersfield. But this is the only thing I’m unsure about ? The way my cell is mounted. You can clearly see my on off switch for the power kill

37F131BA-CE95-4995-BDAD-1EB84C13FDC7.jpeg

7909DE3F-FD63-4EA1-A7F8-7FF0A1855F9B.jpeg

8E05EBB7-81A9-411A-BF04-2A707D9214C8.jpeg

2E1DD63B-7EC5-42C3-B20F-01DFC5F24C01.jpeg

I thought the ports had to be on the outside of the vehicle. Never did one that way so you may be more up on the rules than I.....

JW

Is your shut-off on the positive side of the battery? (Stupid to not allow it on the ground side, but thats nhra!) Does the switch shut off a running car when it is thrown? If it will, you should be fine. The only thing i see on the fuel cell is that they required a ground strap on mine, but i was using a plastic cell. Yours shouldn't need one.

Is your shut-off on the positive side of the battery? (Stupid to not allow it on the ground side, but thats nhra!) Does the switch shut off a running car when it is thrown? If it will, you should be fine. The only thing i see on the fuel cell is that they required a ground strap on mine, but i was using a plastic cell. Yours shouldn't need one.
The kill switch does kill the car. It is the positive. Ya I need to put ground from one of the nuts on filler hole. All I’ve been able to read is. IF the fuel ports sag out or below car. It needs to be boxed. Still having trouble finding a answer for that part. Lol

If the outlets from the cell are not through the trunk floor, your good. If someone mounts the cell to the floor with the cell outlets thru a hole, then there has to be a shield. I have my cell, filter and pump inside the trunk, just need a vent from the cell to the outside of the trunk.

If the outlets from the cell are not through the trunk floor, your good. If someone mounts the cell to the floor with the cell outlets thru a hole, then there has to be a shield. I have my cell, filter and pump inside the trunk, just need a vent from the cell to the outside of the trunk.
My fuel pumps are mounted to the bottom of the spare tire area under car

-
Back