*Drag Truck and 5.9 Update

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This isn't the end of the project by all means, but rather, a new avenue. The video will explain it all.....

At this point in the season, I’d say just jump back on the Duster, then you’re not getting into work scheduling issues with others.
You can just work at your own pace.

Which Oregon Cam regind did you go with? I went with the 1280 on advice from another member.
i called Oregon cam grinders about the cam but the cam was for sale from another member here and i bought it off of him

I looked for the 1694 over on Oregon Cam Grinder's sight, but didn't see a corresponding number under the hydraulic roller cams. The website appears to be somewhat dated. But if you use the stock .432 lift hydraulic out of a 318 LA in the Magnum engine you'll have .461 lift with the 1.6:1 rockers. With the 251/264 duration on a 113 LSA with an ICL of 115 it's a modest performance gain, but it is a noticeable improvement over the .417 lift 249/269 109 LSA 117 ICL stock 5.9 magnum cam.

I looked for the 1694 over on Oregon Cam Grinder's sight, but didn't see a corresponding number under the hydraulic roller cams. The website appears to be somewhat dated. But if you use the stock .432 lift hydraulic out of a 318 LA in the Magnum engine you'll have .461 lift with the 1.6:1 rockers. With the 251/264 duration on a 113 LSA with an ICL of 115 it's a modest performance gain, but it is a noticeable improvement over the .417 lift 249/269 109 LSA 117 ICL stock 5.9 magnum cam.
This was .494 intake/ .501 exhaust on a 1.5 rocker. Were using the factory 1.6 rockers.

.527/.534 I/E... That's quite an improvement over my low budget magnum hop up! :thumbsup:

At this point in the season, I’d say just jump back on the Duster, then you’re not getting into work scheduling issues with others.
You can just work at your own pace.
Being is this is primarily an a body forum I would love to see him jump back onto one of, or both of his Dusters...
Remember this began with the shock and awe announcements of 10's on 5 and morphed into an impossible task the truck that became a family project...
Did I hear correct,,, son wants to put motor in a fury?? ..
Take big block, build nuts out of it, put comfortable gears 323-355... (in 318 duster) and maybe one day 15 years from now put AC in it...:poke:...:D...

Being is this is primarily an a body forum I would love to see him jump back onto one of, or both of his Dusters...
Remember this began with the shock and awe announcements of 10's on 5 and morphed into an impossible task the truck that became a family project...
Did I hear correct,,, son wants to put motor in a fury?? ..
Take big block, build nuts out of it, put comfortable gears 323-355... (in 318 duster) and maybe one day 15 years from now put AC in it...:poke:...:D...
  • He'd like to own what he "might" be able to afford.... maybe a '74 Satellite ?
  • 10's on 5's was a family project from the start, see the 1st post of that thread. In fact, the truck was for them, not me. I have 2 Dusters......
  • I'm a huge A/C fan, however, doubt it ever lands in my classic. In fact, I almost always yank the power steering/power brakes for manual steering/brakes. Under the hood of my classics has to be open and accessible, a happy place for me. When it's really hot and humid, i just take a newer car with A/C.

• I'm a huge A/C fan, however, doubt it ever lands in my classic. In fact, I almost always yank the power steering/power brakes for manual steering/brakes. Under the hood of my classics has to be open and accessible, a happy place for me. When it's really hot and humid, i just take a newer car with A/C.
No power brakes no power steering here.. when it's hot and humid I'll just take whatever car I want classic or daily driver... Don't worry grasshopper you'll get there in about 15 years or so LOL....

When you can walk upon the rice paper without leaving a footstep...
When you can snatch the pebble from the Master's hand...

No power brakes new power steering here.. when it's hot and humid I'll just take whatever car I want classic or daily driver... Don't worry grasshopper you'll get there in about 15 years or so LOL....
In 15 yrs I'll probably just be in a 1954 Dodge Royal with a baby hemi and holding up traffic at 51 mph :D

I hope I'm not ruining your thread? I mean you pretty much blew the wad in the first post with please watch my video LOL...?..

I'll probably have a Chrysler 300 and it will be of the newer versions...
With the latest hemi and blowing by traffic...

I'll probably have a Chrysler 300 and it will be of the newer versions...
With the latest hemi and blowing by traffic...
to be 100% truthfully honest, i have a huge liking for the cars in the 50's. They are more fun to me just to sit behind the wheel and cruise down an open road 55 mph than any muscle car ever built. The curves and chrome make them like no other looking over the dash and hood....

I hope I'm not ruining your thread? ..
Anymore, i just get the word or story out in a video. Nothing else matters after that because the story cannot get lost. 1st post victory! :D I just answer an occasional question after that. So no, you'll not offend me by talking about your lawn mower, your breakfast, or your mailbox. LOL. IF i post a video, I've basically said what i wanted to say :)

Anymore, i just get the word or story out in a video. Nothing else matters after that because the story cannot get lost. 1st post victory! :D I just answer an occasional question after that. So no, you'll not offend me by talking about your lawn mower, your breakfast, or your mailbox. LOL. IF i post a video, I've basically said what i wanted to say :)

Why, oh WHY did you not remind him this is NOT a snowmobile forum? You know that’s coming up and sure as shooting he will be train wrecking all the threads with those blasted things.

Ya had your chance...now it’s snowmobiles away...all snowmobiles all the time...see where I’m going...

Why, oh WHY did you not remind him this is NOT a snowmobile forum? You know that’s coming up and sure as shooting he will be train wrecking all the threads with those blasted things.

Ya had your chance...now it’s snowmobiles away...all snowmobiles all the time...see where I’m going...
LOL..... it crossed my mind. Actually, I've told him for years how he is, the spit wad illustration. He can jump in on page 1 or 3 and ruin a thread. But his threads MUST be 100% on que for 30 pages if necessary. Like the spit wad, he'll hit you in the back of the head in English class, but when you sit behind him in History and hit him with one, he calls "Foul".... Teacher!.... Whaaaaaa. LOL Went to school(s) with a couple dozen J pars. :D

LOL..... it crossed my mind. Actually, I've told him for years how he is, the spit wad illustration. He can jump in on page 1 or 3 and ruin a thread. But his threads MUST be 100% on que for 30 pages if necessary. Like the spit wad, he'll hit you in the back of the head in English class, but when you sit behind him in History and hit him with one, he calls "Foul".... Teacher!.... Whaaaaaa. LOL Went to school(s) with a couple dozen J pars. :D
Totally disagree!.. take this thread for instance like you just said you got everything out in the first post AKA please watch my video which is just a recap of everything I've told you already just doing generic non groundbreaking work....
Take one of my threads like installing a clutch tamer in an a body Mopar for speed...
Building a headliner from scratch for a former a cardboard duster headliner...
Doing an entire Nitrous system with a fuel management and a step-by-step with pictures...(low pressure switch, full throttle switch, activation switch, timing retard, window switch)...
And so forth...

in 15 years :poke: Bla, Bla, Bla, I hope you can make up your mind the first time. lol

Totally disagree!.. take this thread for instance like you just said you got everything out in the first post AKA please watch my video which is just a recap of everything I've told you already just doing generic non groundbreaking work....
Take one of my threads like installing a clutch tamer in an a body Mopar for speed...
Building a headliner from scratch for a former a cardboard duster headliner...
Doing an entire Nitrous system with a fuel management and a step-by-step with pictures...(low pressure switch, full throttle switch, activation switch, timing retard, window switch)...
And so forth...
LOL.... I get it. We all do. You are a ground breaker. Nobody ever put A/C in a classic, nobody ever installed NOS, etc etc, you are out in front making new roads never known to man. Sit in silence and learn. If you have a question or comment, be straight to the point and on que and wait for your answer, you are in J pars thread :D
  • By the way, this wasn't a "how to" thread, it was an update thread. Anyways, I'm not offended at all, so carry on.... LOL :D

LOL.... I get it. We all do. You are a ground breaker. Nobody ever put A/C in a classic, nobody ever installed NOS, etc etc, you are out in front making new roads never known to man. Sit in silence and learn. If you have a question or comment, be straight to the point and on que and wait for your answer, you are in J pars thread :D
  • By the way, this wasn't a "how to" thread, it was an update thread. Anyways, I'm not offended at all, so carry on.... LOL :D
Here you go in typical 318 fashion twisting the truth to fit your conversation... I said nothing about AC...
Or being the first one to put it in...
I didn't say anything about being the first one to put nitrous in my car either but damn sure proved it wasn't like you said just throwing a bottle in the trunk...
And it's funny that you tiptoed around the headliner and the clutch tamer which are one-off pieces... but what you said kind of suits your point better even though it wasn't true...

Here you go in typical 318 fashion twisting the truth to fit your conversation... I said nothing about AC...
Or being the first one to put it in...
I didn't say anything about being the first one to put nitrous in my car either but damn sure proved it wasn't like you said just throwing a bottle in the trunk...
And it's funny that you tiptoed around the headliner and the clutch tamer which are one-off pieces... but what you said kind of suits your point better even though it wasn't true...
we love you for who you are...... :)

-
Back