Drag Week 2019

-

Walker434

Reaction score
Just got registered! What other Mopars will be there? Sold out in 4 minutes this year.

Now I just have to finish rebuilding the dart! Can't wait.

I’m in as well, street machine. 70 swinger. Working on the engine today and the other million things to get it running and stopping again.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll be there again in my FWD turbo Mopar. The Dart will likely go next year.

c1Ri7V1536854211.jpg

Attention dragweek builders!!! If you're planning to participate in the 2019 event, get in touch with me! I'm offering up a limited number of powder coating sponsorship opportunities NOW.

Message me with your story, your goals, and a few pics of your ride! Show off its current setup (regardless of progress) and share your dreams for the future with me. Open to all years, makes and models! Be sure to include your contact info.

You already look fabulous going down the strip and street ... together we can make it look even BETTER and get you the exposure and media attention you deserve!

Feel free to repost this and tag your crew chief, team members, support staff and friends! I love supporting the underdogs!!! Grass roots racing needs to be kept alive for future generations to enjoy.

It's gonna be great!!!
If some parts vendors get on board this could turn into an amazing adventure!!

Just wanna say how cool that is of cuda chick to offer that.

Way to go!

That makes me happy @Cope! I appreciate your support.

Kind of along those lines, it's been awhile since FABO had any contests. I was considering calling out the other Vendors and Forum Sponsors to see if they might want to kick in on a package to help one of you get to Drag Week in safety and style. We have a fairly impressive list of aftermarket companies on board here who, like me, might love to see their decals on a FABO member's car on the live feed.

Screenshot_2019-02-27-21-58-39-1.png

Screenshot_2019-02-27-21-58-49-1-1.png

No promises of course (especially with parts prices today), but it's a 50/50 shot. All I can do is toss it out there for input and see if they jump.

Whatcha think??? :rolleyes: You're the ones who registered on time and who it matters to.

I’ll be there in my 69 Dart in the street race small block power adder.

360 magnum with a turbonetics 66mm turbo, 727 trans and Ford 8.8 rear.

Can’t wait to meet some you all at drag week!

D8E79670-B751-494F-AAC9-46F0A925BF2F.jpeg

52EA3D30-3E6D-4CC5-B897-F3163BC83BAC.jpeg

7B078A8D-32F0-4B0C-8A99-6BBBFE2FA873.jpeg

I’ll be in street machine eliminator this year probably running in the 11s, if I finish the car by June and driving on the street I might add a turbo set up to it and see if can make top 32. Depends on time. If not next year we’ll turbo it and make a run. Engine done, trans all apart, parts ordered, wife seeing a freight train of goodies arriving weekly. Haven’t decided paint the mt covers or get em powder coat em.

EFC855BE-269C-4064-8CAB-C82E47348C5A.jpeg

01FED220-CBA0-49DF-AF9C-08DCCC055684.jpeg

577C38A6-F578-4A7C-8DB1-2E4C3C61E299.jpeg

Drag week is a dream of mine!

I wish it was closer to the left coast but I will make it some day!

Best of luck to ya'll and let us know how it goes!

:steering:

I’ll be in street machine eliminator this year probably running in the 11s, if I finish the car by June and driving on the street I might add a turbo set up to it and see if can make top 32. Depends on time. If not next year we’ll turbo it and make a run. Engine done, trans all apart, parts ordered, wife seeing a freight train of goodies arriving weekly. Haven’t decided paint the mt covers or get em powder coat em.

View attachment 1715298476

View attachment 1715298477

View attachment 1715298478
Heck yeah! Slowest car last year in top 32 averaged 10.70s I think? They get faster every year. Better plan on a low 10 average to get in the top 32 bracket race. That's what I'm shooting for.

Can't wait to see that car! What ET's you hoping to run in Street race small block PA?

Thanks, still needs a lot of work but really looking foward to the project.

As far as ET’s go... I have no idea, i know I’m not going to be competitive for the win just going to have fun. My guess is high 11s to low 12s right now.

The interesting part will be welding the trailer hitch to it. Body wise I’m leaving it kind of like you see it, just adding a p-40 esque shark on the side.

70A7235F-FEC7-4450-8A69-4B79637108EE.jpeg

Thanks, still needs a lot of work but really looking foward to the project.

As far as ET’s go... I have no idea, i know I’m not going to be competitive for the win just going to have fun. My guess is high 11s to low 12s right now.

The interesting part will be welding the trailer hitch to it. Body wise I’m leaving it kind of like you see it, just adding a p-40 esque shark on the side.

View attachment 1715298933
So you are going to pull a trailer? Fastbacks the first SUV’s! :) I can fit four wheels and tires all the tools and spare parts, fuel cans and still close the trunk.

Yeah, I run Mickey Thompson Street ET SS drag radials at the track and the street so since I don't have to swap to slicks.... I don't pull a trailer. Fit everything in my trunk and back seat.

Update: Got my new engine and transmission in. Going to make a few passes naturally aspirated then put the procharger on. I'm miles ahead of where I was last year. Hopefully have this thing all lined out by September.

Dart 19.jpg

Hey Cody (looking good man!) and all! Been away from site for a while ... gotta work to pay for all this ****! lol I haven't even had the time to do a DW2018 video.

This will be our third year. When we returned last year we found a couple bent axles (she was side-stepping on launch at the end), worn out springs, and some other crap. 2,000+ miles on the road, track runs at DW and a ton at home took some toll on her ... but to be expected. For a complete build we finished days before DW17 and tested (on track and road) during the event .. lol ... can't ask for anything better.

DW '19 is in our neck of the woods .. this is gonna be awesome!

-
Back