Status
Not open for further replies.

cannucky

The Guy With No Birthday
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I 'm probably dreaming on this one but can anybody help me with some of the clips that hold the tail panel trim piece on the trunk lid ? I'm down to just 4 and can't find them anywhere

If you post a pic. of what you need,I might be able to dig something up.Need to see what they look like.Thanks

I don't have a digital camera but they are a flat clip that slips over the tang on the trunk panel they have a bolt welded into the middle of them at 90degrees to the clip that go's through the trunk lid and accepts a nut holding the panel on the trunk lid

RT specialties has them the size for body panels is usually 5/16 but there is two other sizes 1/4 and 8/32. Have a automotive store verify the size for you before you order.

Here is the 5/16 - 18 u-nut

5-16 unut.jpg

This one is a little different it is the 8/32 extruded unut

so you will have to verify the type you have. Here is the contact info maybe you should call to verify what you are looking for
R/T Specialties
RD1 Box 269R
Falls, PA 18615
PH: (570) 388-1082

EXTRUDED U-NUT 8-32.jpg

69 fastback barracuda

both of those are wrong instead of a threaded hole there should be a bolt sticking out of the clip { I use a #6 -20 nylon lined nut on it } and the clip is wider than it is long

weld a machine screw to a piece of sheetmetal that is the right width to fit the piece of chrome(cover the threads with some tape before you weld)..............works for me when I just cant find the right stuff. you can drill thru the sheet metal and grind down the weld if its a tight fit,dont forget to paint it.

great Idea , I don't weld but maybe I can find someone , thought this would be the place to find the real thing but I guess there aren't any left Eh!

There`s gobs of these clip out on the market. you just have to search the web. yearone or paddock may carry them. if the 69 is like my 67 the outer trim is held on by a expanding spring clip, cause it`s inacessable to put a nut on. the rest are like you described.

I made my own also for my 69 Dart.
Try Nigel a National Moparts 1888-652-7464, he will probably have them. He is in Ontario and if you only need a few he can mail them to you.

Good luck

gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back