Drifting is Idiotic!!!!

-
Yeah I love keeping my 67 GT all sideways back to back through the twistys! Thank you sure grip and awesome suspension geometry of A-Bodies!!!! It is Sooo Much fun. Way more fun than taking a corner at Blazing Rediculous speeds (Nascar). A Million times more fun than getting pinned into a bucket seat and watching the ground dissapear (Drag). It's like Dirt Tracking on Tarmac. Well not really. But the Dukes can claim credit for popularizing the Style in the Worlds eye...

To me there is nothing more Exciting I can do in my car than to Yank the wheel hard into a corner and release it to watch my Giant 1967 Steering wheel spin frantically as the car initiates slide. Then reach out and Grab it to keep my suspension loaded correctly. From there it is "Blap" the throttle repeatedly through the corner just to do it again the other way without ever letting it "settle" ... That is it. The coolest thing ever!! I do not need Hot sluts in booty shorts all around my car (Doesn't Hurt though) I do not need 400+HP... I do not need Aerodynamic wings or Super Wide Slicks. I don't even need to hack up my A-Body for a roll cage or 4-Link. I just need some twisty Mountian roads and my 4-speed Dart... And this Thermos, and that's All I need (The Jerk)

Good Times. I do not really like watching the professional drifting events.. Seems over hyped. But get your buddies and find a corner in an Industrial complex and have at it. That is fun!!!! Bring a camera for proof of it being the most Awesome way to waste gas...

Drifting is, ahem, gay!

It's one thing to do it thru a corner while driving on a deserted road, but that's not drifting, it's powering through the corner. To endlessly drift around in circles? Pfffffft. How lame can you get.

Well, Nascar lame :toothy10:.

What used to be "Stock" car racing has turned into a battle of attrition by dozens of cookie-cutter race chassis's, they're hardly cars anymore. Whoever avoids the collisions, wins :bootysha:.

Y'know...the guys who drift professionally make it an art form. The teenagers who've seen Tokyo Drift wayyyy too many times...they ruin it...and the picture says it all

Pool.jpg

And I don't mind the demolition derbies but it just need to be mandatory that you use a Toyota Camry.... Hell, their so " Tough " that the derby would last forever...... Whatever !!!!!

Actually, the derby would be over very quick. The suspensions are the very weak link! They collapse on themselves very easilly.

Drifting??? I think they should combine drifting with monster trucks!!!:-D

i do love the way a muscle car drives and yes nothing will beat it lol. but a crx is light enough it handles great and is cheap to make really really fast. {/QUOTE]

I had a CRX for a few years, great car. Living in Queens I had a lot of small cars, and the CRX was awesome to drive. It's probably getting hard to find one that hasn't been butchered by kids.
Theres even an old ford festiva at the train station that looks like it would be a pisser to drive, 3 cyl of raw power!

I'm surprised that no sprint car guy has commented yet.
Thats drifting on dirt at 100+ in traffic.

Drifting a 70 Duster down a 35mph freeway off ramp that you entered goin 70 because you didn't realize how tight the turn was going to be will get your heart rate up. BTDT#-o
30 years ago , young and foolish.

Takes a lot of skill to do it,I hope you don't think figure eight racing is gay,or road courses,or drag racing,ice racing,hill climbing,takes a pair of nads to do it!!!!did I mention skydiving?is that gay?go out and try it before you eat to much of your foot.your definately entitled to your opinion but what exactly is the point of it?I hope you don't think evil kneivel is gay,it takes skill to do stupid stuff! :cheers: dont ask me how I know, Lol roflmao:snakeman:
Just had to get that off my chest........ Just my $0.02 ....

Skydiving is totally gay!!! LOL :-D

What about football? That is full of butt touchers, bunch of guys in tight pants casing a ball around, sticking their hands between another guys legs grabbing balls and patting each others butts saying "good game" then showering together? Sounds pretty gay to me.

Drifting is still geh.

OOOHHHHHH I wanna bash some crappy motorsports too!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I'm ganna get in sooooo much **** for this one but I hate (and I'm not saying this because of what I saw when I lived in NC) I hate and have always hated NASCAR!!!!!! IT SUCKS ***!!! LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT. Real NASCAR/Stock car/whatever you want to call it died in 72!

I hate D-derbies for obvious reasons.

I hate drag racing in its current form, it sucks! Shitcan the non car related sponsors, shitcan the computers and kick John "I'm gods gift to everything" Forces *** off my planet!
BRING BACK REAL DRAG RACING!!!!!! F-crackelfest have them sign a waiver and let the bastards run!!!

haha I can relate to alot of this... NASCAR wtf? so silly

Yeah I love keeping my 67 GT all sideways back to back through the twistys! Thank you sure grip and awesome suspension geometry of A-Bodies!!!! It is Sooo Much fun. Way more fun than taking a corner at Blazing Rediculous speeds (Nascar). A Million times more fun than getting pinned into a bucket seat and watching the ground dissapear (Drag). It's like Dirt Tracking on Tarmac. Well not really. But the Dukes can claim credit for popularizing the Style in the Worlds eye...

To me there is nothing more Exciting I can do in my car than to Yank the wheel hard into a corner and release it to watch my Giant 1967 Steering wheel spin frantically as the car initiates slide. Then reach out and Grab it to keep my suspension loaded correctly. From there it is "Blap" the throttle repeatedly through the corner just to do it again the other way without ever letting it "settle" ... That is it. The coolest thing ever!! I do not need Hot sluts in booty shorts all around my car (Doesn't Hurt though) I do not need 400+HP... I do not need Aerodynamic wings or Super Wide Slicks. I don't even need to hack up my A-Body for a roll cage or 4-Link. I just need some twisty Mountian roads and my 4-speed Dart... And this Thermos, and that's All I need (The Jerk)

Good Times. I do not really like watching the professional drifting events.. Seems over hyped. But get your buddies and find a corner in an Industrial complex and have at it. That is fun!!!! Bring a camera for proof of it being the most Awesome way to waste gas...

Is hwy 9 the road that use to have 3 lanes. Center lane was for passing in both directions.
The car passing would turn on headlights to warn cars coming the other way.
Lots of gruesome wreaks on that strech of road.
Of course I'm going back to the 50s and 60s when I was there.
I lived in Monterey.
Mike

I love Mopar Muscle cars. Dusters, Darts, Road Runners etc. and y'all forgive me, add Mustangs to the list. I'm not a fan of drifting but have you ever seen Nascars on a Dirt Track. Locally We had the Ritchie County Speedway races and we still have the Tyler County Speedway !/8th mile! The way I see it two cars driftin against each other( good ole boy racing ) on a two lane country road is kinda like racing on clay. I'm sure most of older members have done that. I no longer condone street racing period ( maybe stoplight to stoplight ( just kidding)) because it ain't safe, believe me I know. I've seen 150 MPH through the city of Clarksburg, WV against a Camaro right past the Courthouse! I'm on this sight because I love fast cars. Strokerscamp your right professional drifting is like synchronized swimming and shouldn't be done in Old Mopars thats what vegas and neons and TOYOTA"S are for! THANK GOD I NEVER HURT ANYONE! BUT IT WAS FUN

Back in the OLD days, we called it FISH TAILIN'. We didn't brag about it or have contests, we just DID it. It was FUN!
Calling it drifting is GAY!

Its fun to do, but I don't like watching the professional stuff.

Almost my feelings exactly. I've found the formula D mildly interesting, but i couldnt tell you anything more than "they pick a section of a track, two go at a time, and i have no idea how they're scored nor do i care"

Like drifting or not, you gotta give some respect to the guys who catch air as they start their drift.(second car)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP7w5zvJrOs"]YouTube - D1 Grand Prix 2010 Round 5 Ebisu. S13 Y.Matsui, JZX100 D.Saito,AE86 T.Hibino.Jump.[/ame]

Interesting thread... Some like Drifting others don't. I have noticed some comments about Hondas and such. Drifting is a sport that requires POWERED REAR AXLES.

So, if you see anyone attempting to drift a FWD car, slap them in the head for two reasons: 1: Driving a FWD car. 2: Attempting to drift a front wheel drive car.

It'll make you feel better.

Interesting thread... Some like Drifting others don't. I have noticed some comments about Hondas and such. Drifting is a sport that requires POWERED REAR AXLES.

So, if you see anyone attempting to drift a FWD car, slap them in the head for two reasons: 1: Driving a FWD car. 2: Attempting to drift a front wheel drive car.

It'll make you feel better.

Not to rain on your parade, but the right driver is able to pull it off at a competitive level:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOASjjpRnXk"]YouTube - Civic Drift.. Cool[/ame]

Obviously not nearly as interesting to watch.

Drifting is pretty much "car ballerina",I really dont get into it,but whatever floats your boat.But about NASCAR,Im not huge into it,but a few years ago,me and my brother built a Street Stock Class Buick Regal ,and its a hell of alot of fun to participate in .Gut the interior,remove the glass,throw a cheap paint job on it(we painted ours with Rustoleumon a foam roller,but who gives a ****,its going to get banged up anyway lol)roll cage,weld the doors and other stuff,and theyre cheap to build.I want to find me a junk Omni someday and build a mini class racer.
No,this isnt the car,just an example

SS-1994.jpg

Baggy pants hanging off your *** is also GAY!!!!Imports are GAY!!!!Nose rings are GAY!!!!
And flower tattoos on a GUY is GAY!!!Highlights in a Guys hair GAY too!!!!

I think drifting is cool, in that dukes of hazzard movie-- that guy can freakin' drive... I liked nascar when they ran real cars, don't care anything for it now days..

-
Back