Drifting is Idiotic!!!!

-
If your a Guy wearing baggy pants with a nose ring,highlights in your hair, a flower tatoo and drive a import...You are really really really GAY!

i agree nascar sucks, id much prefer to watch the australian supercar series. they actually have to modify real street cars like nascar used to be. nowadays nascaris just a bunch of technicolor blobs with stickers for headlights and taillights to differentiate them apart. might as well call it the new IROC series.

i liked it better when the car companies were able to engineer a faster car and actually use it on the track. oh and toyotas suck and dont belong in nascar anyways. its just another reason to dislike the series.

as far as drifting goes, ill bet almost everybody has goofed around in an empty snow covered parking lot. they act like the japanese came up with it, when it was kids on dirt roads or snow covered parking lots in the US who came up with the idea.

Not much into watching drifting, but its gotta be fun, aint no different than doing donuts up here in the wintertime....good times!!

OK, I know it's been up before, but this has to be added to this thread.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fe17mCBzAk"]YouTube - Iraq Burnout vs Europe Burnout[/ame]

Back in the OLD days, we called it FISH TAILIN'. We didn't brag about it or have contests, we just DID it. It was FUN!
Calling it drifting is GAY!

I'm with ya there. Fish Tailin' was a snow/car sport long before it was named "fag drifting". Between the snow and gravel roads we learned it at a young age.
If I can't fish tail up my street sideways under/out of control in the middle of January I've failed. Ask my 14 year old. He thinks it's cool. I think it's fun.

OOOHHHHHH I wanna bash some crappy motorsports too!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I'm ganna get in sooooo much **** for this one but I hate (and I'm not saying this because of what I saw when I lived in NC) I hate and have always hated NASCAR!!!!!! IT SUCKS ***!!! LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT. Real NASCAR/Stock car/whatever you want to call it died in 72!

I hate D-derbies for obvious reasons.

I hate drag racing in its current form, it sucks! Shitcan the non car related sponsors, shitcan the computers and kick John "I'm gods gift to everything" Forces *** off my planet!
BRING BACK REAL DRAG RACING!!!!!! F-crackelfest have them sign a waiver and let the bastards run!!!

x2 well said

Interesting thread... Some like Drifting others don't. I have noticed some comments about Hondas and such. Drifting is a sport that requires POWERED REAR AXLES.

So, if you see anyone attempting to drift a FWD car, slap them in the head for two reasons: 1: Driving a FWD car. 2: Attempting to drift a front wheel drive car.

It'll make you feel better.
Slap this guy in the head and tell him its gay, how about an all wheel drive drift. An A-body could never do this in a million years. Thats why its gay because you can't do it and your car couldn,t stand up to it. I would trade him rides in a heartbeat. I would probably kill my self even faster but it would be the perfect last head rush. Sit back and enjoy the ride this guy is sick not gay.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Lv-GCH9rE&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - GRIP - Ken Block driftet im Subaru Impereza WRX STI mit 530 HD720P[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - KEN BLOCK GYMKHANA TWO THE INFOMERCIAL[/ame]

Great Vids there. Check this one out, all I can say is WOW!!! (Watch this on 720p or better!!!)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8"]YouTube - Ken Block's Gymkhana THREE, Part 2; Ultimate Playground; l'Autodrome, France[/ame]

Not to rain on your parade, but the right driver is able to pull it off at a competitive level:
YouTube - Civic Drift.. Cool

Obviously not nearly as interesting to watch.

You're not raining on my parade, it's cool, but sliding a wrong wheeler around the track, and drifting a Rear wheeler are two completely different things. You're right, not nearly as interesting nor as fun.

I suppose that's the differencing between "Pulling it off", and Getting it done. :yawinkle:

1970duster , That is the best one I saw so far. Thanks. There is no way this guy takes it up the pooper. And that car I would give my Duster's my Demon and my Wife for. I wouldn't need her anymore because , by this sites standards I would be Gay.

1970duster , That is the best one I saw so far. Thanks. There is no way this guy takes it up the pooper. And that car I would give my Duster's my Demon and my Wife for. I wouldn't need her anymore because , by this sites standards I would be Gay.
No problem! And to the rest of what you said LOL!!!

I wouldn't call it gay, but I am not sure about the pro motorsport label either. It is impressive, nonetheless. I always considered a motorsport to be the fastest way down/around a track. I would like to see a comparison between a scca car vs. a drifter around a course.

I wouldn't call it gay, but I am not sure about the pro motorsport label either. It is impressive, nonetheless. I always considered a motorsport to be the fastest way down/around a track. I would like to see a comparison between a scca car vs. a drifter around a course.
Did you watch shift indicator, he was in 6th gear wound tight. I don't know if you were ever in one of these little cars with some work done to it. But I would guesstimate close to and probably over 180 mph on that banked track. It would take that just to get it up to the top without falling down. Just think how much HP it would take to smoke all four tires at the speeds he is going. I would say he was smoking his tires a speeds faster then most weekend racers go. I believe professional would be the right title. Gay or not, I couldn't tell ya , but definately a professional. I woud like to see a SCCA car race him around that dock. They would need the coast guard there.

Did someone say POWER SLIDE!!!!! :toothy8::compress:=D>
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LryvN31-fTI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LryvN31-fTI&feature=related[/ame]

oh and watch some Group & rallye racing, those guys (especially the Audi Quattro's) are effin' insane!!!

-
Back