drilled and slotted rotors

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
I have a 69 dart that has drums on front. I have a power disc brake swap from a 75 duster that im going to use. The rotors from duster are in bad shape. When i look up drilled and slotted rotors for 75 duster all i get is a drilled rotor with no hub assembly. But the non drilled rotors have the whole hub assembly. Anyone no where to find drilled rotors with hub assembly? Thanks dustin

I have drilled and slotted rotors on my Dart. As you say, they are nothing special, but I went to rear discs and the set up included drilled and slotted rotors. I bought fronts off of eBay to match the rear. They are no better or worse than regular rotors, but I do like the looks. And they were so cheap I couldn't buy regular rotors for the price.

By the way, there are cryogenic places that can freeze your rotors and they will never warp again. My buddy uses them here in Minnesota.

The problem will drilled and slotted rotors is that most places won't turn them. The bargain basement brands have a tendency to develop hairline cracks around the drill holes.

And they don't really offer any advantage on a street car.

And they can eat pads at a high rate. Never have quite figured out why it happesn whe is does happen or how to fix that.

I turn the drilled and slotted rotors here all the time. No different than any other rotor, but as you say I know most shops will not do it. I have 20K on mine and the pads are still like new.

I've seen them eaten alive but that is in racing. Again, I am not sure why some reports are good on wear and some are awful.

Yeah drilled and slotted rotors are kinda like exhaust cutouts. Purdy much good for nuthin.

-
Back