Drip rail seal kit?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
browsing through E-Pray and noticed they sell a drip rail seal for a 65 Barracuda. Its not the bottom window seal, but looks like a roll of thin white bead. How do you apply it? DMT MOPAR 65 Plymouth Barracuda Paint Exterior Gasket Kit Set Body Seals | eBay it was 2 rolls of white thick tape looking stuff. My drip rail seal is cracked and seperating from the roofline, Im sure water will just collect on there one day and start to rust the roofline...if I ever get it out of the garage....

that seal goes between the roof rail and the channel that holds the roof rail waether strip

OK, so it just fills a void under the gutter? Im wondering what the stuff inside the gutter is on the roof. like where the the water runs off? That is what is cracking. Is it just seam sealer?

OK, so it just fills a void under the gutter? Im wondering what the stuff inside the gutter is on the roof. like where the the water runs off? That is what is cracking. Is it just seam sealer?
Yes, you will need to clean it all out with a wire brush on a drill, prime it and put in new seam sealer, then paint the roof.

I get it...something I should have considered before I got it painted....:=(

The filling in the drip rail was cracked a few places at the front bottom of my 1965 Dart. I picked out the loose section (~2" each side). The rest was solid and well bonded, plus showed no surface rust, so I left it. After wire-brushing rust and primer, I filled the missing sections w/ PL1 white polyurethane caulk which I had from my trailer repair. I think it is better quality than silicone and matched perfectly.

-
Back