Drive line vibration

-

fsteddie

Reaction score
I have 66 Dodge Dart 318 4spd (new clutch ) 8 3/4 non posi rear diff with 355 gears
I have a drive line vibration that come and go
Meaning one time I get in car and drive car to car show say 60 miles away no vibration but maybe same drive home from show vibration may show up or maybe not But !! any thing over 80 mph feel like its about ready to throw a u-join out of it ( horrible vibration)
Joint have less that 1000 mile on them chasing this problem also rear tail shaft bushing and front drive shaft yoke have been replaced
Any ideal ??

Stay at the speed limit, especially if you don't know what the source of the problem is. What have you done to try to diagnose the problem so we can eliminate it ? Vibration in front or rear or whole car ? Cruising, accelerating, decelerating. Problem before clutch change ? Put car up on jack stands with stands on rear under the axle housing to maintain driveshaft angle. Put wheel chocks on both front tires. Have some one in the car to run through the gears and have brake pedal ready. Report back to us.

Stay at the speed limit, especially if you don't know what the source of the problem is. What have you done to try to diagnose the problem so we can eliminate it ? Vibration in front or rear or whole car ? Cruising, accelerating, decelerating. Problem before clutch change ? Put car up on jack stands with stands on rear under the axle housing to maintain driveshaft angle. Put wheel chocks on both front tires. Have some one in the car to run through the gears and have brake pedal ready. Report back to us.
The problem existed before clutch replacement and at 80 mph it's the whole car I haved check pion angle and added shims to get drive line angle at 5° now if I did it right I am not sure I might have to have a professional at drive line angle look at it
But after putting shims in has help at lower speeds but the high speed vibration has me worried as you said I do drive it sensible st posted speed limits
I am reasonably sure it drive line as before shimes added the gear shift would buzz constantly now majority of that is gone except high speeds

Is the driveshaft original to the car? Has the slip yoke been replaced?
No car was originally a automatic 6 cylinder car
I bought engine transmission drive shaft and rear end all package deal from a guy getting out of racing
I had drive st shorten and balance by recital drive shaft company
But I am thinking about taking shaft and having it recheck as I been questioning it

-
Back