Driveshaft question

-

440BelII

Reaction score
Looking for a driveshaft for my '72 Demon. The car will be seeing track time. It has a 727 trans , no brake and will be going to an 8 3/4 rear with 4:30 gears and a spool.The rear yoke is set for 1350 u joint. What's everyone doing for driveshafts these days? Is there someone making a quality piece , are you having one made locally? I will need one in the near future and need some input.

Looking for a driveshaft for my '72 Demon. The car will be seeing track time. It has a 727 trans , no brake and will be going to an 8 3/4 rear with 4:30 gears and a spool.The rear yoke is set for 1350 u joint. What's everyone doing for driveshafts these days? Is there someone making a quality piece , are you having one made locally? I will need one in the near future and need some input.

Dr Diff can order a quality drive shaft from Strange and have it drop shipped to you for a very reasonable price. They also have the 1350 transmission yokes.

Cost me about 400 for one locally made by a highly recommended shop that specializes in driveshafts.
Guaranteed to 600hp and has the 7290 joints and hi speed balanced.
Tore the shaft in half downtown one day off a light, so even though 400 hurt a bit, it's worth the faith in it.

[FOR SALE] - CUSTOM DRIVESHAFT 727-8 3/4"

I believe you can't go wrong with Spicer u-joints. But if you feel the need for better ones that are in this driveshaft, their solid versions without grease fittings are on top. That's what I have in my Dart & Aspen, but also use a billet steel u-bolt yoke.

-
Back