Drivetrain/K frame installation and removal dolley

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Working on this off and on. Had some pieces i got from work with wheels on em that were going to scrap which saved me some fabrication time. 2.5" square tube with 1/8" wall thickness. Designing this to pin together with bolts and be dissassembled for storage when not in use. Still need to get around to finishing up the rest of it. Cant figure out how i want the K to set up on there. The red iron is 2" thin wall to help mock it up. I now have 2" 1/8" thick wall tube to make this part of the dolley. I am going to pick up and install a scissor jack on this part to slide fore and aft for component assembly, dissassembly on the dolley. I guess the true test of this will be the out of the bottom removal of the temp installed mocked up drivetrain in my 67 notchback. Will post more pix as i get farther along.

20181006_152226.jpg

20181006_165737.jpg

20181006_165748.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, there's an idea for what one can do with those old hitch mounts...…..
upload_2018-10-28_10-54-9.png
upload_2018-10-28_10-57-0.png

Good idea, except they are in use, and the tube diameter is too big to fit inside a hitch receiver

I like that Ben, I may have to duplicate it for cam breakin too!

Thanks for the idear!

I'll say. I built one for under the hoist, which is outdoors, so it must have large tires to roll on the compact dirt. Mine is not fancy, and much taller, so I can get under the car with it and diddle with the crossmember mount as it goes in/ comes out. I have yet to "finalize" the rear support for the transmission

Don't know off hand where the photos went, it is not as pretty LOL

They dont need to be pretty, they need to be functional. Your lucky in a way that you have that lift, i dont have a vehicle lift, so i have to make mine a lowboy.

Mine was real crude but did the trick. I lower the car over it and bolted up the Kframe and tranny crossmember in about 20 minutes.

M.jpg

M4.jpg

RT5.jpg

RT7.jpg

-
Back