Drop base air cleaner

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
I'm installing a crosswind air gap and a 650 double pumper Holley on my Dart.
Does anyone know of a drop base air filter that will work on this install, I'm afraid that I will be looking at minimal or no clearance with a traditional filter set up.???

I used a piece of duct seal (modelers clay, play doe) at the center of the carb and closed the hood. I then measured from the carb based to the top of the squashed duct seal. The duct seal will leave a mark on the hood so you can see where the air filter will fit in relation to the hood bracing. Then just order an air filter, base, and top of the appropriate size. I think the Eddy air gap is about 5/8 or 3/4 inch higher than stock. Not sure about Crosswinds.

Or you could tape a piece of string from one inner fender (where the hood would sit), across to the other, over the carb. Measure between the string and the carb (air filter base). This is how much room you have for an airfilter and tins.

Or you could tape a piece of string from one inner fender (where the hood would sit), across to the other, over the carb. Measure between the string and the carb (air filter base). This is how much room you have for an airfilter and tins.

Your method doesn't take into consideration the contour of the hood or the space between the braces. By your method I would have to cut down my choke tower. Lol.

-
Back