Drove a new Ram TRX today !!!

-

DrEamer

I suffer from cars on the brain!
Reaction score
I had the treat of getting behind the wheel of one of these monsters today. I work at a Ford dealership, but our sister store is Jeep/Chrysler. One of the owners bought it as a personal truck. He said to take it for a spin to see what the competition was putting out. I'll say for a big, heavy truck, it gets moving pretty quick. There really is not a sensation of speed, but watch the speedo, and it was climbing fast. I have driven the Raptor, and it is not as fast. That said, the Raptor suspension feel more sorted. The Raptor feels like it will glide over obstacles with less drama, where the TRX seems more tank like. They both have there place, but it is a cool ride if you ever get the chance to get in one.

20210602_141104.jpg

Did the Ram TRX ride-along at Barret Jackson and it is an awesome ride. The driver hit jumps and bogs at full throttle and the TRX absorbed the shocks easily.

Took a brand new Raptor for Baja joy ride a few years ago . That suspension was impressive !

I wish they would offer that, & the Power Wagon, in a regular cab too. I am SICK of all this 4 door only crap. Not everybody needs or want's 4 doors on a truck. I'm pretty sure plenty of others feel the same as me.

I had the treat of getting behind the wheel of one of these monsters today. I work at a Ford dealership, but our sister store is Jeep/Chrysler. One of the owners bought it as a personal truck. He said to take it for a spin to see what the competition was putting out. I'll say for a big, heavy truck, it gets moving pretty quick. There really is not a sensation of speed, but watch the speedo, and it was climbing fast. I have driven the Raptor, and it is not as fast. That said, the Raptor suspension feel more sorted. The Raptor feels like it will glide over obstacles with less drama, where the TRX seems more tank like. They both have there place, but it is a cool ride if you ever get the chance to get in one.

View attachment 1715746286

mopars have always been heavy , compared to the competition -my experience.

I wish they would offer that, & the Power Wagon, in a regular cab too. I am SICK of all this 4 door only crap. Not everybody needs or want's 4 doors on a truck. I'm pretty sure plenty of others feel the same as me.

I het the agree button , I drove a quadcab for 15 yrs. , we need a 707 h.p shortbed standard cap , ''afordable !"

I het the agree button , I drove a quadcab for 15 yrs. , we need a 707 h.p shortbed standard cap , ''afordable !"

I need a Std cab 4x4 that gets 30mpg , has 18" of clearance , sure grip , 30 gal tank , tows 9000 lbs well , 6' 6" box , cloth interior , pw , pl , a/c and cruise .
I use a truck as a truck . I have classic Mopars to go fast!

They start at only 80k. But for only 1600 a month you can be in the drivers seat. Need to call State Farm first tho. Oh wait gas is going to go up crazy in price factor that in. They may be giving really good incentives later on in the year.

Wait, you actually want an 8 foot bed on your truck? WTH? :D

I need a Std cab 4x4 that gets 30mpg , has 18" of clearance , sure grip , 30 gal tank , tows 9000 lbs well , 6' 6" box , cloth interior , pw , pl , a/c and cruise .
I use a truck as a truck . I have classic Mopars to go fast!
Intermittent wipers too. Gotta have those. I'd nix the power widows. Rubber floor mats but that's probably extra these days.

Bought a new 86 D150. 8 foot bed 318. It was a heavy half ton. Had AC rubber floor mats. That’s about it. 13k out the door.

darn it even the right color. Snooze you lose. Heard they were putting the 392 in those. Yike. 80k for a jeep.

Sadly most of these trucks will end up to a less then glorious life of pavement pounding. Most people can't see fit to spend 70k plus to just tear it up off road.

I have a 392 Rubicon in the garage. Fun ride! Not 85k fun, but you pay to play! I put 35's on mine before it left the dealership. Think tin box with 470 HP!!

Bought a new 86 D150. 8 foot bed 318. It was a heavy half ton. Had AC rubber floor mats. That’s about it. 13k out the door.

Did the same thing before I moved to Calif. for 4 yrs. , totalled it with 11,900 miles on it .

-
Back