Drove the race car home!

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Alignment is meh...
Turning radius is crap.
AFR is dead lean.. (not good)
And shes leaving a big oil stain in the drive way... but she did drive!!

2 or 3 months on the rack and finaly "done"....

Disks all around, new 9", 4.88 rear, custom drive shaft, mini tub, springs under the frame, drag radials and front runners!

20181124_111506_zps6zuvppeb.jpg

20181124_111441_zpsxkrsdnhn.jpg

20181124_102027_zpsciz2stvh.jpg

20181124_144554_zpshqxpydxe.jpg

Shes a little squirrelly with the spool on slicks and 4.88s but she made it home on wet roads just fine. She wants to step out but just keep out of the throttle and driving slow made it work....

Ah, life is good!

:steering::thankyou:

The stance on this thing is perfect! Fab on the interior is insane! Well done, sir!

@408 swinger

That's nice of you to say. I try my best and just live with the rest.

I wanted the *** down 2 more inches but then I cant remove the rear tires with out removing the leafsprings so that's a no go.

Thanks for the kind words and all the help. I couldn't do this without y'all.

20181123_145300_zpsqxhq54wz.jpg

The front clip is removable with 2 guys, 100 pounds?

It also tilts and has a removable hood.

My buddy bet told me "you cant tilt a steel front end"... well a few beers and a lot of plasma cutting later, and he lost that bet....

:lol::thankyou:

I dig the old super stock/pro stock look. Your car resembles that. Again, looks good!

Thanks! I'm going for the 1970s super stock.

Someone posted this pic in the 70s drag race pics and I'm digging it.

yankee-peddler-01_zpsknuxwhwn.jpg

Not so much the red but just painting the body lines and fully lettered. I want my grandpa's name on the quarter and my name under the door.

Grandpops taught me a lot and I know he would enjoy the 70s look.

Well, it looks mean or should I say BAD AZZ. street car ! lol I like it !

Thanks, I doubt my pockets are deep enough to out run Pittsburg but I'm dam sure gonna try!

I love your car and your attitude.

Starting to look good, bet you are pumped! I still got a lot of work to get mine together, hoping this winter.

Thanks, I doubt my pockets are deep enough to out run Pittsburg but I'm dam sure gonna try!

I love your car and your attitude.

Thanks buddy. I can be a little abrasive at times but I won’t BS you. If I can help someone I will from on track info I’ve gained over the years. And as cheaply as possible. After are we aren’t Warren Johnson or John Force are we

@408 swinger

That's nice of you to say. I try my best and just live with the rest.

I wanted the *** down 2 more inches but then I cant remove the rear tires with out removing the leafsprings so that's a no go.

Thanks for the kind words and all the help. I couldn't do this without y'all.

You could probly unhook the shocks and deflate the tires w/o messing w/ the springs. (16X32 1/2`s on a 66 belvedere-----------

Love that car man. Just looks badass! Guessing you got some looks from other motorist lol.

Pat

Last edited:
Congrats on that landmark event in the life of a project car, that first drive! Car looks to be coming along real nicely and I take it was no surprises on the drive home. How far is that drive? Some guys tell everybody a week in advance that the car is going for a drive. And they have someone follow with a bunch of tools,and a trailer at the ready, just in case. That's cool. But me, I just sorta decide it's time and go. LOL. You gonna drive it back to the shop or keep it home? I got a first drive coming up. In a month or two maybe three...little brothers 38 chevy coupe. Empty body barely roller. Should be fun. Now, whatever you do,don't get caught up in all that grudge race trash talk that's going on round here. If you know what I mean!

No big surprises, shes leaking oil from somewhere onto the header so every once and a while I'd get a big plume of smoke out the hood.

She'll spend time here and at the shop, here the car lives outside and as much as I like having her around I also like having her locked up at night.

Thanks for the kind words and yes I'll be steering clear of all shenanigans getting passed off as a race.

Congrats on that landmark event in the life of a project car, that first drive! Car looks to be coming along real nicely and I take it was no surprises on the drive home. How far is that drive? Some guys tell everybody a week in advance that the car is going for a drive. And they have someone follow with a bunch of tools,and a trailer at the ready, just in case. That's cool. But me, I just sorta decide it's time and go. LOL. You gonna drive it back to the shop or keep it home? I got a first drive coming up. In a month or two maybe three...little brothers 38 chevy coupe. Empty body barely roller. Should be fun. Now, whatever you do,don't get caught up in all that grudge race trash talk that's going on round here. If you know what I mean!
Hey I resemble that remark! LOL

Man I love it! Cant wait to see what it runs! What are goals? That dual quad setup looks bada$$

No real goals for now. Shes just a fun grocery getter, stoplight assassin and new muscle car crusher.

I haven't had a chance to launch the car yet. Destroyed the driver side leaf spring from a roll on the first drive. Got to order a new leaf and try again.

I just talked to a trany builder that wants a cage built so trying to work out a labor trade, one cage for one bad *** 904.

No real goals for now. Shes just a fun grocery getter, stoplight assassin and new muscle car crusher.

I haven't had a chance to launch the car yet. Destroyed the driver side leaf spring from a roll on the first drive. Got to order a new leaf and try again.

I just talked to a trany builder that wants a cage built so trying to work out a labor trade, one cage for one bad *** 904.
What kinda power estimates? What all have you done with the engine?

-
Back