dual quad nitrous !!?!!

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Like the thought hasn't crossed my head a million times, and yours too?! I'm looking at the Edelbrock 70090 kit and of course this is all Cloud talk right now because I don't have the money for it LOL. But I buy that kit and what next ? I know how this works, I've been down this road before you buy something and you don't see the other $500 with the crap to make it work. Like first of all filling the bottle, brackets to hold it down, Purge buttons, arming buttons safety button timing retard extra fuel lines and maybe an extra fuel pump and wires and buttons for all that stuff I'm just wondering? All the other stuff actually make it function? Now again mind you this is all dream talk for now, I don't have money for that but you never know....:coffee2: if you just tell me to stop watching Street Outlaws it puts stupid thoughts in my head I understand. LOL

I do know the internals need to be built NOS friendly... or KABOOM!

Screw fogger nozzles with 50 shot jets in the PCV ports if they are Eddy carbs .....

Just need an adapter and a little porting underneath.

nos-13700nos_w_ml.jpg

install-CARBEDL7-11.jpg

DSCF5834.jpg

Are you kidding me? Like the thought hasn't crossed my head a million times, and yours too?! I'm looking at the Edelbrock 70090 kit and of course this is all Cloud talk right now because I don't have the money for it LOL. But I buy that kit and what next ? I know how this works, I've been down this road before you buy something and you don't see the other $500 with the crap to make it work. Like first of all filling the bottle, brackets to hold it down, Purge buttons, arming buttons safety button timing retard extra fuel lines and maybe an extra fuel pump and wires and buttons for all that stuff I'm just wondering? All the other stuff actually make it function? Now again mind you this is all dream talk for now, I don't have money for that but you never know....:coffee2: if you just tell me to stop watching Street Outlaws it puts stupid thoughts in my head I understand. LOL

LOL
Have you seen all the huge nitrous fire lately.
You had better get to know it intimately before you pull the trigger.

Yes i'm going to be the naysayer.

A switch goes bad, plugged fuel nozzle. Or even as simple, as a bug getting down you vent tube of you carb/s.......and plug off one of your main jets.............Time for a new spark plugs if you're lucky or a set of piston if your not!

I know i'm going to get hatted on......but it is just one opinion!:poke::toothy10:

J par...
Contact member here on FABO called Spareparts. He ran a 150 shot on his 318 with great success. He still had to build his engine for the NOS, mind you. Other than that, too much risk. It's like SMILE, SMILE, SMILE, oops.... Kaboom! lol.

Seriously, he knows the 150 shot game. It's worth the contact.

Its all in the tune up, 150 shot with a good tune up can be run on any motor. Built for nitrous or not, too much timing is what kills parts, pull a little extra first few times to sneak up on the tune without breaking parts. I have ran 3-4 bottles through my 340 dart that was not built for nitrous this way. And just like anything else, parts do add up on top of the system itself. Especially if you are maxed out for RPM at the stripe running NA, a gear change or taller tire maybe needed with nitrous.

Personally I'd get what I had running up to snuff before I threw anything else in the mix.

I sprayed 175 on a stock piston re-ringed 360 for 100's of passes with out braking anything. Boy it was fun..

I have spray in I think 5 of my cars. Never had an issue spraying 100-150 in any of them. Ranging from stockish 340 to 13.1 sbc. All about making sure there is enough fuel and timing set

I am actually getting ready to spray my 340 6 pack with a 100 once weather gets nice.

IMG_2268_zps52eif0ay.jpg

IMG_2269_zpsoyfvpdac.jpg

IMG_2271_zpske5nz3ks.jpg

Buy the parts, stack said parts while tuing your combo and researching spray bottle builds.

It just money and time, you will run out of one....

Money gets earned, time just gets gone...

I have spray in I think 5 of my cars. Never had an issue spraying 100-150 in any of them. Ranging from stockish 340 to 13.1 sbc. All about making sure there is enough fuel and timing set

I am actually getting ready to spray my 340 6 pack with a 100 once weather gets nice.

ya need another return spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

under 200hp you need a solid fuel system with gages to watch it, some timing adjustment, and maybe some spark plugs. You don't need "the engine built for nitrous". You need the basic parts in good shape, and a good grasp of tuning. I ran it for years on 3-4 engines. Single biggest thing is fuel delivery. So a good pump, a good pair of regulators (carb and NO2 system work on different pressures), and a gage so you can validate what the regulators are doing. Hell my first system was 175hp using a stock pump and one of those $17 Purolator "dial type" regulators. Ran that every day for 3 years before the car got totaled.

BTW - Nitrous fires are the result of bad parts or a cold engine.

Much more rewarding getting it done n.a. ANYONE can make a car faster with nitrous..

-
Back