Dual quads versus big hammer!!!...

-
I think we need to take this full circle back to your first comment and where my car is now a half-second slower LOL by the seat of your pants?...
I posted that? :realcrazy: I thought that was your quote......

Maybe if you put on your bikini and modeling your new hat would get the guru some questions.

Just saying. Plus we need pictures of said bikini on your supermodel figure.
If he posts that, PM me because I want to be sure I do NOT click on this thread for a month!

Maybe if you put on your bikini and modeling your new hat would get the guru some questions.

Just saying. Plus we need pictures of said bikini on your supermodel figure.
It's been awhile since you got the old disagree button there but no one wants to see me in a bikini LOL....

It's been awhile since you got the old disagree button there but no one wants to see me in a bikini LOL....
LOL :elmer:You would have to be put out of your misery. LOL
You know I'm joking about this, right ?

Dual quads vs a big hamburger. What’s the question
At the time I was just looking for some opinions and some direction. But there is not a lot of experience with these new Holley Street demons. Now I've done enough testing and tuning and trial and error to figure it out myself..

0C678335-9EC2-4AE6-B09A-68A2EA9191BF.jpeg
741C9D92-91D5-47FE-A845-F07FA84584C4.jpeg
APD is doing me up an 1150 alcohol carb and I did some horse trading (Indy Tunnelram) on this 1250 gas carb for my heads up car from a guy that works there. I loved dual quads (two 750 Holley) on my old school big blocks but love the simplicity of a single carb now.

View attachment 1715497992 View attachment 1715497993 APD is doing me up an 1150 alcohol carb and I did some horse trading (Indy Tunnelram) on this 1250 gas carb for my heads up car from a guy that works there. I loved dual quads (two 750 Holley) on my old school big blocks but love the simplicity of a single carb now.
I would love to have a dual EFI setup for efficiency for sure. Personally I have to stay very budget-minded and I also like old school as well. These Street demons offer both of what I can afford and what I want as far as old school.
There's nothing I like better than showing up very late and crashing a car show parking lot outside of where everybody is really at and having three-quarters of the people over there looking at my car with a terrible paint job and admiring all the very unique things on it... Then driving out to the drag strip test & tune later that evening and putting a hurting on some Camaros Mustang and Hondas...
I just try to keep my car unique and fun..

I should point one other thing that I like a lot about my car is it always produces a faster time slip than 318willrun..:poke:..

Just took an over 60 mile drive through the country and old highways..
The carbs where operating excellent!!..
The af gauge was running on the rich side, but the plugs looked good..
So now as far as street and highway driving I'm completely happy.. I had previously took it out for a relatively short drive and it was good but until I took it for a long drive I wasn't 100% sure, but now I'm convinced it's 100% set for the street..
Now if the tracks would open I could start fine tuning wot...:thumbsup:..

Just took an over 60 mile drive through the country and old highways..
The carbs where operating excellent!!..
The af gauge was running on the rich side, but the plugs looked good..
So now as far as street and highway driving I'm completely happy.. I had previously took it out for a relatively short drive and it was good but until I took it for a long drive I wasn't 100% sure, but now I'm convinced it's 100% set for the street..
Now if the tracks would open I could start fine tuning wot...:thumbsup:..

Looks like you can put the big hammer back in the shed.

You had probably better take it with you to the track! :poke:
Just kidding:D
Haven't used that red x in a long while:p

Looks like you can put the big hammer back in the shed.
RIGHT!??..
Everything I red and that's on every brand and style dual quad set up I could find on the internet said this was NOT a short road... There is the ONE eight year old article that mentions the holes in the secondary flaps, but absolutely nothing on jetting.. after all the reading and at least 10 tries that I wrote down and at least another five that I didn't I finally have it sorted out for the street...:thumbsup:
As far as I know (which ain't much) I'm the only one who has tried this on a tunnel ram...

You had probably better take it with you to the track! :poke:
Just kidding:D
Haven't used that red x in a long while:p
What leads you to believe that???...
And where is your friend PRH to join in casting the doubt on me... Oh yeah and Pittsburgh the budget racer with the $1,800 EFI carb pictured up there and the four-year-old nitrous setup in his spare bedroom...

-
Back