Duke boys k-frame

-

CrazyMatt

Reaction score
I have a 73 dart sport factory sunroof car that I'm in process of driver quality resto. 318 auto car originally. Anyway when we disassembled car over a year ago I noticed one of the motor mount tabs on block was broke. Didn't think too much of it at time as I had seen this on occasion before. Fast forward to now, during the months realized the k had been hit fairly hard. Buddy of mine had a 72 and earlier he let me have. Went to install this weekend and realized it don't fit. Bolt holes in body are about 1/2 inch off both sides. My idea is now to put the 73 k back in and with a series of chains, bars, bottle jack etc.. try to get everything somewhat straight. My questions are these, does anyone have measurements bolt holes to bolt holes side to side and measuments between the engine cradles? The 72 and earlier should have correct bolt to bolt as I don't see any damage on it but wanting to double check.

I like the 72 and earlier K member way better than the 73 and later. If the front got hit hard enough to move the bolts holes that far, you have a lot of work to do.

I have a 73 dart sport factory sunroof car that I'm in process of driver quality resto. 318 auto car originally. Anyway when we disassembled car over a year ago I noticed one of the motor mount tabs on block was broke. Didn't think too much of it at time as I had seen this on occasion before. Fast forward to now, during the months realized the k had been hit fairly hard. Buddy of mine had a 72 and earlier he let me have. Went to install this weekend and realized it don't fit. Bolt holes in body are about 1/2 inch off both sides. My idea is now to put the 73 k back in and with a series of chains, bars, bottle jack etc.. try to get everything somewhat straight. My questions are these, does anyone have measurements bolt holes to bolt holes side to side and measuments between the engine cradles? The 72 and earlier should have correct bolt to bolt as I don't see any damage on it but wanting to double check.
I think your better off trying to line everything up to the 72 frame assuming it is straight. If you can accomplish that then the car should be square in some areas but the frames may not be level. Harbor Freight has a cheap hydraulic ram set, and a reverse pull chain attachment perfect for engine compartments. Then take it to someone who has the equipment to finish it. A few pulls on a frame machine isn't as expensive as people think, providing its a few. Good luck

Thanks for the advise fellas. I probably should have clarified a bit that the k was pushed upward in center not necessarily from the front. Like someone Bo and Luked it over a jump a bottomed out fairly hard. From looks of inner fender structure and tops of rails I believe everything is concentrated on k and bottom of rails which look like they are pushed outward. But yes I will do some looking into a frame shop see what options I might have. Thanks again fellas

Usually the Dart Sport with the fighter jet nose cone can achieve level flight easily...I blame pilot error. :D

I like the 72 and earlier K member way better than the 73 and later. ...

Why do you like the earlier K Members better? I'm not challenging you here...the reasons just aren't obvious to me. Thanks!

Just measure the opposite corners. They should be equal. It the rails are that far off the car needs to spend some time on a frame rack.

-
Back