Dumpster diver 70 Duster build

-
Only out of one booster which was throwing me off. Only thing I found on the secondary side was a horribly plugged air bleed. On the primary side everything looked fine, tossed a bowl gasket in there for the hell of it. Runs fine and not leaking on the primary or secondary side now so I guess it’s fixed for the time being.

View attachment 1716076837
Nice. Was the booster that wasn’t dripping clogged?

Been working too much to play with the cars lately. Took yesterday and squared away the wiring and resealed the intake since I rushed it and had a little oil seepage. Got the tach and oil pressure gauge hooked up. Definitely surprised to see 75psi cold at idle and it’ll bury the 100psi gauge without much effort. Have an aluminum radiator and some other parts on the way for it.

E2575955-477D-4F0B-B01D-9A87391666CE.jpeg

Got the car running great, all the lights are fixed, gauges hooked up etc. Then the timing cover decided to let go now that I replaced the cracked stock radiator.

I did take a few minutes today to install the ash tray, heater controls, and glove box door/hinge that I tracked down for it. Also the last bit of good news, it’s legal for when I do fix the timing cover, fresh plates and tags.

61CD0C3F-6A87-4FAD-ADEC-259B27404740.jpeg

444A693B-3DA0-432C-A219-44B38E14CA7D.jpeg

Slowly but surely chipping away on this, plus trying to get the dart ready for the upcoming dyno day. Both should be drivers in the next month.

98EA7F98-F4D3-46C8-82C2-9C41399B1CAA.jpeg

You ever have one of those days you want to sell everything and quit? That was yesterday. The timing cover fought and fought and I was mentally done. I really can’t thank @TT5.9mag enough. He showed up and made sure the car got put back together, Mike you’re truly a legend amongst men.

4B71B7B3-94F8-45F4-BA65-A47B1639D845.jpeg

A2D421C0-2105-4CA0-803B-2A1BC9506BCD.jpeg

Cool car. I'm with the others, it's yours and you should name it whatever you want. I don't typically name my cars but recently decided to call them Fred, Barney and Big Daddy Yum Yum. :lol:

You ever have one of those days you want to sell everything and quit? That was yesterday. The timing cover fought and fought and I was mentally done. I really can’t thank @TT5.9mag enough. He showed up and made sure the car got put back together, Mike you’re truly a legend amongst men.

View attachment 1716121642

View attachment 1716121643
A legend? Really? Damn I’ve definitely been called worse. I think it was the heat and humidity more than anything that made it frustrating, and that damn Mancini repop timing cover but we got it done. I really didn’t do much.

The pic with the 78/75 now has me all excited.

Slowly stacking parts for the duster, it runs/drives but just hangs out in the back yard. Scored some custom built cragars for the back today which will work well with the B body rear that’s in it. Old style pro stock scoop on order, been slowly looking for a tunnel ram and some 660s. It’ll be taking a 70s pro-stock theme.

9AEBF185-AC4B-4C58-8776-F7A745E32ABA.jpeg

Never had tires on them. 15x8 5” backspace. Missing one center cap but I already ordered a replacement.

IMG_6723.jpeg

Anticipating having about 38 seconds of free time tomorrow so drove it out of the backyard before it rains. Going to get a couple things ironed out on it soon-ish hopefully so I can cruise it around town. Wasn’t bothered by it sitting till the registration renewal arrived. Test fit some wheels that have the same dimensions as the cragars and they’ll be perfect.

IMG_7320.jpeg

IMG_7322.jpeg

21 years of basically sitting and rotting and today it drove around the block. Brakes suck (only the fronts work) and the alignment is so bad it’s almost scary to drive. But it hit public roads and did a couple burnouts. Should only get better from here.

IMG_7336.jpeg

IMG_7339.jpeg

-
Back