Dust Cover Question?

-

dgully

Reaction score
I went to install my dust cover last night and the dust cover that came with the bell housing (were separated at the time) 10.5" bell housing. The bolt holes that are towards the engine side measure 15 3/4" across, which are not even close to bolt up. Do I have a dust cover for a big block or for an 11" bell housing?
Not sure what P/N the bell housing is. Mounted on 340.
Any ideas which dust cover I need? Or if anyone has one for sale?

Thank you

if u don
I went to install my dust cover last night and the dust cover that came with the bell housing (were separated at the time) 10.5" bell housing. The bolt holes that are towards the engine side measure 15 3/4" across, which are not even close to bolt up. Do I have a dust cover for a big block or for an 11" bell housing?
Not sure what P/N the bell housing is. Mounted on 340.
Any ideas which dust cover I need? Or if anyone has one for sale?

Thank you
if u don`t live on a dirt or gravel road, I wouldn`t worry about it. I had a hemi w/o one for 14yrs., never had a problem w/ it. will help keep the convertor cool a little too.

It will be street driven, but was worried with the clutch kinda exposed.

11 inch covers measure 15 3/4 10 inch covers measure 15 1/2 in the farthest apart bolt holes. We may have a 10 inch cover would have to do some digging to see.

Then that's what iam guessing, I have the 11", I see Brewers has repo ones for sale. Gets spend though

if u don

if u don`t live on a dirt or gravel road, I wouldn`t worry about it. I had a hemi w/o one for 14yrs., never had a problem w/ it. will help keep the convertor cool a little too.

Yeah there's no converter on a 4 speed. Much larger cover on a 4 speed too, leaves a good amount of flywheel exposed. I would worry about road debris getting sucked into the flywheel and clutch. Garbage bag, chunk of wood, damn near anything that went under the car could get wrapped in. I know a guy that ran over a pillow one time, just a pillow. The u-joints on the driveshaft grabbed the pillow case, wrapped it in and it displaced the pinion seal out of the differential. Drained the diff pretty quick. Getting something like that wrapped into the flywheel and clutch could make for some issues.

It will be street driven, but was worried with the clutch kinda exposed.

Yeah I wouldn't want the flywheel and clutch exposed.

-
Back