Duster 9.25 info please

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
Chrysler 9.25 infos : is all pumpkin and gears interchangeable ? For ex from 1974 to 2000? From a bodies..ram vans , dakotas , rams , durangos ? If yes or not whats the difference , rebuilding my 76 duster 9.25 buts its empty and i have a dakota rt and a ram 2001 9.25 un-open in storage

Chrysler 9.25 infos : is all pumpkin and gears interchangeable ? For ex from 1974 to 2000? From a bodies..ram vans , dakotas , rams , durangos ? If yes or not whats the difference , rebuilding my 76 duster 9.25 buts its empty and i have a dakota rt and a ram 2001 9.25 un-open in storage

Then first u need to find what year it is. Cause A bodies never came with a 9.25. I think some C body Imperals did with disc brakes. Kim

measure the carrier bearings outside diameter location. measure pinion race area o.d. any race stamped numbers. what do U think it came out of? maybe a truck

Which one do you have? A 45 year old car could have anything in it by now.

rearspotter.jpg

Exactly...i checked my stuff and call the ex owner..its indeed a c body diff that was narrowed , can i swap parts with newer 9.25 trucks ? 1990s 2000s ? Thanks a lot

I have 2 spare complete diffs 3.55 from a ram 2001 and 3.92 from a dakota rt 99, i just dont know if all the center pumpkin is interchangeable

You are not making this easy, man.
Here is a tip:
Give ALL the information you have up front, don't expect people to have to ask questions to help YOU with YOUR problem.
Everyone with experience here knows that this axle was never installed in these cars when they were new.
Also, the gears and differential are not referred to as a pumpkin, dropout or anything like that. This in only the case with the 8 3/4" axles with the removable center section accessed from the front.
The 7 1/4", 8 1/4", 9 1/4" and the Dana 60 have the gears installed and removed from the back side.

-
Back