[WANTED] Duster Automatic Transmission Console Torque Shaft

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest that you state your engine and transmission combination.
I found that the torque shafts are different lengths depending on the the transmission. My car originally came with a 340 and 727 transmission with a column shift linkage. Somewhere along the line somebody swapped in a 318 and 904 combination. They left the original torque shaft in place and it was too short so they used some angle iron on the transmission to bridge the gap. The linkage was sloppy. I found a 904 torque shaft at a Mopar swap meet and it fixed the sloppy linkage. I found a 340 and 727 combination and now I am switching everything back.

I suggest that you state your engine and transmission combination.
I found that the torque shafts are different lengths depending on the the transmission. My car originally came with a 340 and 727 transmission with a column shift linkage. Somewhere along the line somebody swapped in a 318 and 904 combination. They left the original torque shaft in place and it was too short so they used some angle iron on the transmission to bridge the gap. The linkage was sloppy. I found a 904 torque shaft at a Mopar swap meet and it fixed the sloppy linkage. I found a 340 and 727 combination and now I am switching everything back.
Good point, thanks. Updated original post to 318 engine with 727.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back