Duster battery ground wire

-

Bills70

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of where battery ground wire's mount? I know the BIG one goes to battery (ha ha) but where do the two smaller ones mount, exactly? I looked in my service manual and found nothing! I thinking the bigger of the two smaller wires goes to the head or maybe water pump, just not sure and the other should go to body up front some place!

Usually there would be the large one going to the engine block at the front of the head, and one of the smaller one goes to the radiator support.

Don't know why you have 3 ends.

Drivers side head & threaded nutsert on the firewall.

I believe Alaskan TA meant the radiator support not the firewall. Wire is not long enough to reach firewall. Big one to the head and smaller one to radiator support right next to battery.

Usually there would be the large one going to the engine block at the front of the head, and one of the smaller one goes to the radiator support.

Don't know why you have 3 ends.
the big one goes to Battery, one goes to engine and the other to radiator support, isn't that three?
I believe Alaskan TA meant the radiator support not the firewall. Wire is not long enough to reach firewall. Big one to the head and smaller one to radiator support right next to battery.
thanks for the reply! don't know what I would do if I didn't have this site to go to for answers!

the big one goes to Battery, one goes to engine and the other to radiator support, isn't that three?

thanks for the reply! don't know what I would do if I didn't have this site to go to for answers!

The big end with only the loop goes to the engine block from the negative battery post.
Then one smaller goes to the radiator support, so that's two.

Now you have me confused about what ends you mean.
With a normal cable you do have three ends, which one goes on the battery, one goes to the head and one to the radiator support. (that's three ends):D

This style is what I would call a "normal" type cable for these cars.
(the large eyelet end to the block/head and the other to the rad support)

Cable.jpg

I did!

Radiator support. Radiator support. Radiator support. Radiator support.

Thanks for the correction.

I'll go get a photo now too.

Thanks Tony, I do make mistakes at times.

Here is a photo for you Bill, the large wire is the ground from the battery, the others are for the forward light harness.

1970 A-body radiator support ground.JPG

add one from the block to the K-frame and another one from the intake manifold to the firewall to 1 of the 4 heater blower motor bolts
then you're all set!

add one from the block to the K-frame and another one from the intake manifold to the firewall to 1 of the 4 heater blower motor bolts
then you're all set!
thank you very much for info! that's probably why the one stud on blower motor is longer than the rest!

I have a 74 Duster, all blower studs are the same size. The ground wire from the manifold to fire wall is actually bolted above the blower motor right above some kind of lip that deflects water from blower motor. It is actually bolted to the fire wall alone.

Thanks Tony, I do make mistakes at times.

Here is a photo for you Bill, the large wire is the ground from the battery, the others are for the forward light harness.

View attachment 1715153603
I was chasing my tail for while trying to figure out why my headlights were not working and I then realized that I had not hooked up my forward light harness ground, there!

-
Back