Duster exhuast tip question

-

ijg4503

Reaction score
I am planning to install 71 exhaust tips on my 70 Duster and get rid of the aftermarket tips that the previous owner installed. One question that I have is on the size of the tip inlet pipe. I have what appears to be 2.25" exhuast pipes. Should the exhaust tip inlet pipe fit inside the exhuast pipe or go on the outside. The service manual makes it appears as though it fits inside it. If so, then do I need 2" tips. If it goes on the outside, then I guess I need 2.5" inlets on the exhaust tips.

Who do you guys recommend I buy the tips from? I know that Ebay has a lot of them posted and all the big resellers do as well. I just bought an NOS set off Ebay and they don't look good so I am returning them.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
jgalaske@comcast.net

The tips slip over the exhaust. If your exhaust is 2.25 OD, you would need a 2.25 ID inlet on the tips. I have a pair of 2.25 repro tips that have never been mounted if you're interested.

The tips slip over the exhaust. If your exhaust is 2.25 OD, you would need a 2.25 ID inlet on the tips. I have a pair of 2.25 repro tips that have never been mounted if you're interested.

Can you post pics of the repo tips you're considering selling? If the OP isn't interested in buying them, I might be.

Here's some pics of the tips. One of them has a small nick along the top edge, tried to get a good pick of it. A pretty easy fix since they're polished stainless, but wanted to make sure anyone interested is aware of it.

Tips.JPG

Side.JPG

Top.JPG

nick.JPG

The pipes slip OVER THE OUTSIDE of the tips , look at how thick the tips are , you are not going to crush the tip with a clap to secure it to the pipe , on the inside only if you plan to WELD it to the tip .

Stock A body tailpipes are 2"

-
Back