Duster first coat of paint.

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
this is the first coat, she is going to be samded and shot with 3 more coats and them color sanded and polished . black out hood and then 340 strips to top it off. this a garage job done by a buddy in trade for some construction work done on his house. Not show quiality but decent.

this is the buddy and the ride.

2004963735200277382513.jpg

more car shots

2004963972537962504729.jpg

2004962806791259297965.jpg

2004961680940069462556.jpg

so hope these come through

That looks almost what my Duster used to look like. This is a crappy picture, but I never really took pictures of my car when I was running it. It looks a lot lighter when its out in the sun.
2004964514645126031390.jpg

Out in the sun it looked just like yours does :thumrigh:

Lookin good Chad! :thumleft:
I'm still haven't decided on a color for mine,i have several in mind blue is one of them. :)
When i first got it i was thinking orange until i went to Carlisle an counted at least 6 orange Duster's!That changed my mind pretty quick,i want something different than everyone else!
Hey,what if i re-spray it in it's original F7 Green? :wink:

no its not F5 blue. Its a silver metalic blue. The orginal color was more a petty blue which I thinks is the ugliest color in the world.

I with you Scamp, everyone has a orange or yellow or lime green duster, I said to hell with it and just painted it close to the orginal color.

I think that green would be alright better than lime green or maybe the darker hunter green.

I almost painted mune butterscotch, that was the color of the primere and it didnt look bad.

Looks good Chad.
I know what you and Scamp mean about the paint.
Black is still my first choice for my car, but I want the black Duster stripes because it just shows off the body lines better. So I've been looking at some of the newer colors for ideas. I like that dark Viper blue, and alot of the bright colors seen in some of the trucking mags. I just think it would be kinda cool to use one of those colors but then still have the factory stripes.

Looking good Buddy. Can't wait to see her when she's road ready.

well ordered all the weather stripping today and a stripe kit black 340 mat 340 strips with the the 340 changed over to 440. I stated assembly on the lower half today for the engine. I should have the lower half done by tomorrow or thursday. the heads are being ported hope to have her as a long block by next week. Hope to have her running by the first week of Oct.

Looks good!
Don't forget to paint the engine compartment now, nothing cleaner than a stock Mopar body color compartment.

That looks real good! I have a friend who just painted his Duster Prowler Orange. Definitely a car that looks good in almost any color. Nice work. 8)

Mind if I tow my crate down to El Paso for a quickie garage re-paint too?

Looks good Pal.... Make sure you do right for your buddy :thumrigh:

Gene has done a nice job. He took most of the dents out and cleaned her pretty nice.
Hey Crag it doesnt look like the same car. :D :D :D

Chad, that looking real nice! you mut be happy with the results :cheers:

Nothing like a reborn Mopar! :D

Steve.

-
Back