Duster front outside maker lights

-

Bills70

Reaction score
my front outside maker light's do not work! I checked them out and they are not grounded! the housing is plastic and no metal is touching the fender! my question is, (I know I can run a ground wire from one of the studs that hold the marker light in, to some metal), but how did the factory do it? a picture would be great!

Ok the black wire with yellow trace is the power and the black is the ground. You should have a common ground on the rad support . Start there.

There should be one or more ring terminals on black wires in that front lighting harness near each front turn signal where the harness runs along the core support. Those are your ground wires for the headlights and markers. They need a clean connection to the core support. (And your battery ground cable should have a small lead to the core support as well).

front light.jpg

I found a better wiring diagram but the fricken thing saved as a text? no idea what to do with it.

There should be one or more ring terminals on black wires in that front lighting harness near each front turn signal where the harness runs along the core support. Those are your ground wires for the headlights and markers. They need a clean connection to the core support. (And your battery ground cable should have a small lead to the core support as well).

View attachment 1715154697
I figured it out! I forgot to hook up "that ground wire" when I ran the harness, because I was not sure where it connected and I forgot about it! Lights are working great now!

Thanks! now I have to figure out where my turn signal flasher is or suppose to be, turn signal is not working so I figure it has to be the flasher or it is not there.

Check your dash harness for the for an angled plug with black and red wires - beneath or to the right of your radio. The dash frame may have a clip that the flasher body snaps into.

panelback.jpg

-
Back