Duster fuel filler pipe difference between years

-

rod440

Reaction score
I would like to buy a new fuel filler pipe for my '72 Duster but can only find one for '70 / '71 with ECS or '73 / '74 with folding rear seat,or for '75 / '76. Can any of these be made to work on a '72? What changes were made between these years?

There were a LOT of changes in caps. One of the guys here had a great photo layout showing the differences...........

Abody Gas Caps 67-70,70 Cal and 71,72-74,75-76 copy.jpg

If you would just as soon do without the evap stuff, I would modify the neck whileyou have it out, to the 69/ earlier vent

as stated , much of it has to do with also using the proper cap.
If you dont need the ECS junk, then steer away from 70-71 tube, as they will have the vent line on the tube and caps are a bit harder to come by.
I have swapped the folding rear seat version tube into later non-equipped cars, as I like that version better, but all should swap/fit in the same, just use the correct cap.

The pictures were mine and I still have caps. I also have a 72 fill tube.. The 72 slips through and screws to the quarter. All earlier years the flange is on the inside and the quarter screws to the tube. You need one with three holes not four. Four holes are for Darts and scamps they have a different bend and will **** the quarter hole causing a ripple.

72 is the easiest to get a cap for. 71 good luck . 67-70 take a none vented cap the tube has the vent built on. If you cannot find one in your area let me know.

The picture of the dart tubes are 71 next to 72 note The 71 tube will not seat on the outside of the quarter and the holes are clocked different. Same with the three hole Duster Demon. Switching to a different tube there is more involved then some realize

steve 166.jpg

steve 207.jpg

DSCN0705.JPG

DSCF2705.JPG

-
Back