Duster Interior going from gold to black

-
gotcha, I considered that as a possibility but scrapped it since you had the filler cap on

carry on :)

I used vinyl spraypaint for covering the soft dash/doorhandle materials and regular flat black paint for the hard/plastic parts.

For the rear seat in my dart I've used black vinyl/leather paint, applied mostly with a sponge and 1/2" cotton swab for the seams.
The seat was beige/brown originally.

IMG_1433.jpg

Looks like it turned out pretty well. I used the SEM on everything but the metal door panel tops and the upper rear sail panels. For some reason the SEM didn't go on very well on the sanded metal panels - was not a an even color when it dried. I ended up using a satin rustoleum that turned out well. The black sharpie trick works great on the seat seams, have to try it sometime if you have another go dye.

The SEM vinyl black paint is fantastic stuff. I used the SEM vinyl cleaner and prep. After talking to tech, they advised that is best sprayed at under 51% humidity. Otherwise, the substrate will result in a chalky appearance. Ask me how I know.

The results were amazing. Better than Duplicolor hands down. I did use Duplicolor on the plastic panels and it had good results

-
Back