Duster REAR bench seat material yardage?!?

-

dusterdan

Sublime Member
Reaction score
hello fellow enthusiats, i have a 70' plymouth duster and i'm going to get some custom made seat covers for it(primarily for the color preferance i have). what i need to know is how much yardage of vinyl should i purchase to have a rear seat cover sewn up for me at an interior shop? they sell vinyl but the yard for about $45.00 so i would like to not overspend but not buy too little. any advice would be fantastic i believe and rear seat in a dart, a valiant, a duster, or a demon would be similar. thank you all in advance!!!

Dan, best bet is to take a swatch to the interior shop and get a quote including material from them They probably pay less than you would for the material plus and would probably end up costing you less than if you provide it to them.

kim, thank you very much for your quick reply! i am fairly new to the hobby and if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by a swatch? as in a color sample?

I just bought a yard of the exact, correct material for my '73 from SMS. You enter your year, make, and model and they present pictures of all the applicable materials so you can pick the one you need. You can find the trim code on the car's fender tag, a 2" x 3" metal plate screwed to the driver's side inner fender and stamped with a bunch of letters and numbers. If you will post the contents of that tag (either an accurate transcription or a clear, sharp photograph) we can tell you a great deal about how, when, and where your car was built.

Some quick measurements will tell you how much you'd need.

FWIW, I stitched my own back seat to match my aftermarket front buckets using "Whisper" vinyl I got at Joann Fabrics @ $22/yard (bolts are 54" wide). The same material can be had online from trim suppliers for $18/yard. The stuff I used actually looks and feels like leather.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=prd23670

http://www.perfectfit.com/15993/156773/Contract-Grade/Whisper-Conract-Grade-Vinyl-54.html

Attachments

• rearseatcoverimg.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 100
-
Back