Duster Rear Wheel Cylinder Size

-

moparspares

Reaction score
What are the standard bore size for the rear wheel cylinders on a 73 Duster. Its a stock Disc/ Drum setup.

My back brakes are savage and lock up on hard braking. My brother mentioned he had the same problem on one of his cars and said that the rear cylinders were to big.

Could be the multi function valves proportioning valve is bad?

Go to rock auto and search for your cars rear wheel cyl. In the "info" link many have the bore size.

Also rear drums will most likely lock up before the front disks due to weight shift and the self energizing effect of drum brakes.

It sucks but that has been my experience with all my rear drum cars from 63 Econoline van to 2007 Taurus

Just replaced my rear wheel cyls on my '69 with 15/16" . Don't remember ever having a problem, guess that I will have to perform a panic stop and see what happens.

If you are applying a lot of pressure on the pedal;
Have you considered that the fronts are just not working right?

Have had a few issues with the brakes and have replaced M/C, just recently had booster rebuilt. couple years ago put kits thru both calipers. The back brakes have been done and everything replaced. Everything has always bled up good. The only thing that hasn't been gone thru is the Distribution block which I have a kit for. Haven't done it yet due to it being a complete pain in the ***. No room with my headers and I did try crack one of the lines but boy is it tight. Even my flare nut spanner wanted to round off the nut. Answering your question yes I think the fronts are fine.

-
Back