Duster-Tazmanian Devil Logo

-

jimmyray

Reaction score
As you may know, the idea for the Duster logo, tornado with eyes, was actually derived from the Warner Brothers Tasmanian Devil cartoon character. Just as the RoadRunner used the little blue bird logo, so the new Valiant was going to be named after the WB Tasmanian Devil. Unfortunately, the licensing negotiations broke down, so they "developed" the Duster theme. But what if it the licensing had gone through?
I searched and found several Taz pics, and developed them into the magnetized logos you see below. I even borrowed the Superbird roadrunner logo helmet for taz, and put the Plymouth heart on it.
Where whould the Logo go on the fender - in front, on top, or under the DUSTER nameplate?

See http://www.valiant.org/duster.html for history.

DSCF3362.JPG

DSCF3373.JPG

DSCF3370.JPG

very kool. i like the one standing with the helmet,,leaning on the duster,,has attitude

I love the helmet one on the back.

Very cool!

Some of you have probably also read or heard the story about the "Duster C.K." which is also somewhat interesting. Seems that after the deal to use Taz-mo broke down, Plymouth considered using "C.K.", aka "Clark Kent"; as in Superman's alter-ego. Obviously an attempt to convey the "wolf in sheep's clothing" attitude of the soon to be introduced 340-powered Duster. That didn't pan out either as we all know...

Ray

Not sure if anyone knew this or not the very first idea Plymouth were playing with for the Duster was A Superman theme, with decal of a thelephone booth open and Clark Kent's clothes lying inside on the feneder, and when you opened the hood the Superman "S" logo would be on the inner hood " where hole for scoops now goes). Not sure but i think it was suppose to be called the Clark Kent Speacial or something to that extent. But they decided it was a little too corny so they came up with the Taz idea instead.

CK Duster - Aint it cool!

Below is a pic of the magnet I have on the dash between radio and glove compartment. It is cut out like the others, I just don't have a pic of it.

a.jpg

Just for fun, below are the files I used to make the magnets. I printed them out on paper, and applied the picture to a self stick magnet blank. These can be bought at office max, 2 each of the 4"x6" size for $3, normally for putting pictures on for the refridgerator door, I suppose. I then covered the paper with clear packing tape, and carefully cut it out. The pics above are magnets, and can be removed for washing or high speed driving:yawinkle:

If you decide to use them, let us know here. If you decide to make and sell them, let us know here. If you get rich, remember where you got them. If you get in copyright trouble...gotta go

t31e3.jpg

t31e4.jpg

03.jpg

Very cool!

Some of you have probably also read or heard the story about the "Duster C.K." which is also somewhat interesting. Seems that after the deal to use Taz-mo broke down, Plymouth considered using "C.K.", aka "Clark Kent"; as in Superman's alter-ego. Obviously an attempt to convey the "wolf in sheep's clothing" attitude of the soon to be introduced 340-powered Duster. That didn't pan out either as we all know...

Ray

They could have used Wile E Coyote for the logo if they wanted to convey a wolf in sheep's clothing, as it seemed like there were at least a few episodes where he would dress up as a sheep trying to get a sheep...lol

I have been looking for a long time for a Taz Logo, yours seems to be right on the money, Wanna sell them to me? I especially like the Taz with the Helmet. need two one for each side, ???? let me know
Thanks Larry
PS who made them for you?

man someone should go into a business making these things as stickers/magnets! These things are pretty sweet looking I might have to give it a go :).

With my '67 DarT GT which was Brown of course I was trying to find a 4' tall Taz to put on the driver's seat and have Bugs Bunny's legs stick out from under the hood.

Never could find one sadly and eventually sold the Dart.

actually one of the names concidered for the plymouth duster, was plymouth beaver, but since chrysler quickly realized what that name was slang for, they quickly and wisely decided not to call it the beaver.

actually one of the names concidered for the plymouth duster, was plymouth beaver, but since chrysler quickly realized what that name was slang for, they quickly and wisely decided not to call it the beaver.

Hmmm, I thought that was a possible name for the Demon?

If you are selling, let me get in line.

or

Do you have higher rez pictures ?

This thread started in 2008 if nobody else noticed.......
Cool concept though.

I never look at thread dates..however, there seems to be a paying opportunity if someone wants to run with it...

-
Back