Duster's and Graphic Paint

-

Eric_S68

Reaction score
Seems to me, that most of the Dusters I see are painted a single color maybe with a stripe or blackout hood. Has anybody ever seen or done a nice "Graphics" Paint job on one? I'm thinking of doing a Chartreuse/Plum Crazy combo on mine Are there any artists in our group?

There's gotta be a Chip Foose style designer that's done a Duster or two with other than a 2 tone paint job... I've just never seen one (Ok a Few, nothing I liked) , Wondering if there's any others out there? Back to the mono tone I'm now considering a Tangerine Kandy metallic with stock 340 stripe.

the worst colour comb I've ever seen on a Duster was pink hood, roof and trunk lid with purple going aroud the fenders and spot lights on both sides of the car by the side view mirrors. I can't remember but it may have had the stupid bull horns on the front like Boss Hoggs car. What a waste of a 340 Duster I tell ya but I guess to each their own.

OK, I've decided to go with a Tangerine Kandy over a gold metalic base, With the sox n martin style sides, will make the sides a smokey metallic silver.. How's that sound?

Here is My Brother in Laws 70 Duster

P1000438.JPG

etown2001pic22.jpg

P1000437.JPG

P1000443.JPG

Heres an old photo of a Demon funny car. It's not two-tone but it is simple graphics package that fit's the era of car, you could use B5 blue or Petty blue for the main color.

zdemon.jpg

This question goes to anyone and everyone as to what color striping they think will look better on my74 -360 Duster? It is rallye red with white stripe package,I'm redoing the whole car but going back to rallye red and want opinions as to white stripe or black stripe??? The whole body color will be original rallye red color.

I'm going the Rallye Red / White Stripe on mine with white interior. With black int. I'd probably go black stripes though. That's just my op. Dave

match the stripe to your interior color, I have a pic of a nice red car with black stripes, Ill send it if you'd like

As far as factory stripes go, you can always buy a set then take them down to any good graphics company and have them remade in just about any color you want.
It's hard to get custom graphics to look right on Dusters. Believe me, I've looked at a bunch of ideas and I still go back to the 71 340 Duster stripe kit as the best looking.
Good luck with it.

-
Back