Dye or paint?

-

mopar56

Reaction score
I need to change the colour of a jump seat that I'm putting in my 56 pick up project so the colour of my ds
/s and p/s seats are charcoal and the jump seat is light greay, the jump seat is leather, with cloth sides and plastic trim, I want it all one colour would fabric dye do all three? Or should I use vinyl paint and just paint every thing? It probably wont get much seat time cause it's a four speed and the shifter is close to the seat so more of a arm rest a d storage consul, probably and it's just a toy for me not a daily driver, what do you think?

Thanks, I see there are some places near me that stock it, what color did you use? I was hoping to use the charcoal but the color sample on line looks lighter than I would want, hoping its darker?

Thanks, I see there are some places near me that stock it, what color did you use? I was hoping to use the charcoal but the color sample on line looks lighter than I would want, hoping its darker?
I used black dye on a tan seat. It took multiple coats to get it black. You could probably do light coats of the black until you get the darkness you want.

So I used the Dupont I bought today...amazing product! Three coats 10 min apart came out perfect I wish I had taken a before photo but the seat was light tan.

20200406_191604.jpg

20200406_191558.jpg

-
Back