Dynamic convertors?

-

74RR

Reaction score
Looking at a used 9.5 Dynamic convertor for my 360/904. Anyone use Dynamic?
Thanks.

Good company. Have the same converter on my shelf waiting for the next small block build. Got the BB bug.

That's what I was hoping to hear! That's guys.

I have one, but haven't used it yet. Ran me 750, it's a 4200 stall that I am waiting to unleash!

..for a stock 340 with a 3:23 or 3:55 gear is there any value in a custom built converter?
..stock stall was 2250 - 2400.

not dynamic,but im running a 9.5 ptc behind my 360,i like it.and it runs under $500.00

..for a stock 340 with a 3:23 or 3:55 gear is there any value in a custom built converter?
..stock stall was 2250 - 2400.
I would just go with stock on a stock 340
Maybe something up to 3k.
I don't think the stock 340 converters were quite 2,400 rpm I think they were right about 2,000

That rating is from the '69 dodge service manual but you're probably right.
the current build will be a smooth idling 8.5:1, 340.

That rating is from the '69 dodge service manual but you're probably right.
the current build will be a smooth idling 8.5:1, 340.

stall converters have come a long way since the days of the stock equipment. my dynamic runs at 60 mph with 4.10 rear gears and 28" tall tires right at 3000 rpm. the converter doesn't slip. the trans stays cool and when i smack it it flashes at 4500

I've had two of them built for me. Was totally happy with both of them. Would use them in a heartbeat.

Hi 74RR. I've never personally owned a Dynamic, but I can confidently say from all the rave reviews I've seen and heard over the years, that the're a top notch company with a top notch product.

My slight concern is that it's a used unit. Not from a quality standpoint, but from a application standpoint.

I'll just make a suggestion here. Most of the big name companies keep a record of all the units they produce. Mainly so they know what the're dealing with when one comes in for a "tune up". I'd get the previous owners name, if he's the original, and any numbers or stampings on it so you can call them. Many 9.5's are built for so many different combo's, that if you give them your combination info along with the unit numbers, they can probably give you a pretty precise idea of how it will react in your car.

I'm sure you're gonna love it. Take care, Rick

Hi 74RR. I've never personally owned a Dynamic, but I can confidently say from all the rave reviews I've seen and heard over the years, that the're a top notch company with a top notch product.

My slight concern is that it's a used unit. Not from a quality standpoint, but from a application standpoint.

I'll just make a suggestion here. Most of the big name companies keep a record of all the units they produce. Mainly so they know what the're dealing with when one come in for a "tune up". I'd get the previous owners name, if he's the original, and any numbers or stampings on it so you can call them. Many 9.5's are built for so many different combo's, that if you give them your combination info along with the unit numbers, they can probably give you a pretty precise idea of how it will react in your car.

I'm sure you're gonna love it. Take care, Rick

this is great advice it would be nice to see what combo it was made for I had one made in 97 and they still had my info last year when I was talking to them about a different combo.

this is great advice it would be nice to see what combo it was made for I had one made in 97 and they still had my info last year when I was talking to them about a different combo.

I bought a custom 9" from Dynamic a couple months ago. After numerous discussions with Frank and his staff I decided to give them a try. My car is a street and strip small block stroker. They pushed the 9" hard stating they could not get the stall out of the 9.5 inch that was needed for my combo. The converter was $900.00 dollars delivered to my door. My car now runs the exact same 60' and E.T. times it did with the previous 9.5 converter I was running. Called and talked to Frank to discuss the results and was told he needed to think about it and call me back. Still waiting on the return call.

I run an 8" in my race car and a 9.5" dynamic converter in my street car. Both work well.

Thanks Rick for the advise and thanks to everyone else for the replies!

You're buying a used custom TC for someone else's build.

While i use and trust Dynamic, you buying something that is not custom built for your needs.

Yes ir3333 anything custom built for your use will be far better than the part built for the anything application.

Used one in my dart. It was freaking awesome. Two friends also used them and loved them.

Make sure it's correct for your combo and intended use or you will hate it.

-
Back